HOUSE RULES AND REGULATIONS
FOR WOMEN STUDENTS LIVING AT PARK LANAI
|The house rules for Park Lanai (Villa
Maria). Courtesy Pat Pepin Dougherty.
1. An atmosphere of QUIET should prevail at all tines, but particularly during study period and after 11:00 p.m. Boisterous behavior, slamming of doors, loud playing of radios or record players must be avoided. No musical instruments are allowed in the apartments. No visiting of rooms is permitted after 11:00 p.m.
2. Monday through Thursday from 7 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. are study periods. All students are obliged to be in their dorms during this time, and they are not to leave their apartments for work in the library, meetings, lectures, etc., without permission of the student Prefect or House Parents.
Freshmen should have their lights out by 11:00 p.m.;
Sophomores and Juniors by 12:00 p.m.
Sunday night check-in time is 10:30 p.m. Rooms will be checked to see if these prescriptions are being carried out. Absence from the rooms during these periods will be interpreted as violation of University regulations.
3. Those who leave the campus on week-ends must:
a) Sign out on the form provided by the student Prefect;
b) By Thursday night at the latest, fill out the postcard provided by the Prefect ( which will be mailed to your parents) and leave it with her or the House Parents.
Failure to follow this procedure will render the student absent from the campus overnight without proper authorization. No resident-student may leave the campus for a vacation period before the designated time without explicit permission of the Academic Vice-President.
4. Regular ROOM-CHECKS will be made at the following periods:
a) 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
b) 11:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
c) 10:30 p.m. Sunday
d) 1:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday
4. The telephone nay not be used between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and calls are not to be answered at these times. The telephone is not to be used after 10:00 p.m. on these nights.
5. The possession of any type of alcoholic beverages in the apartment or entering the apartment under the discernible influence of alcohol will result in suspension or expulsion from the University.
6. Men are NEVER allowed in student apartments. A lounge room will be provided to receive your guests.
7. Beds are to be made and rooms put in order by 10:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, and by 12:00 noon on Saturday and Sunday.
8. Sun bathing or the playing of games in the campus gardens is prohibited. Bermuda shorts and slacks are NEVER to be worn on campus.
9. The Park Lanai swimming pool will not be available to male guests. The pool will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
10. You are asked to lock your room when you are not there. It is your responsibility if anything is taken.