The Ignatian Award publicly recognizes those Santa Clara University alumni who live the SCU ideals of competence, conscience, and compassion, and have been a credit to the Alumni Association and the University through outstanding achievement in their service to humanity.
- Nominees must be an alumnus/a of the University.
- Service to humanity should be major determinant.
- Individual accomplishment should reflect favorably on the Alumni Association and the University. Rotating Members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors and current members of the University Board of Trustees, Board of Regents, Board of Fellows, and University employees are only eligible if the work they are nominated for is in no way related to their Santa Clara responsibilities.
- Ignatian Award candidates may not be nominated posthumously. The Ignatian Award may be granted posthumously only if a nomination is submitted and the nominee dies before the Selection Committee meets.
- Any exceptions to the “General Criteria” must be unanimously approved by the Ignatian Award Selection Committee and the University President.
- Nominations that are submitted and not selected will continue to be considered by the selection committee for a maximum of five years.
- Immediate past Presidents of last three years
- Alumnus/a Trustee - Staggered three year term, appointed by the BOD Ex-Officio, Executive Director
- Alumnus/a Regent - Staggered three year term, appointed by the BOD Ex-Officio, Executive Director
- Alumnus/a Fellow - Staggered three year term, appointed by the BOD Ex-Officio, Executive Director
All alumni are encouraged to make nominations. Nominations should detail a nominee's qualifications and should be sent via mail, fax, or Web to:
SCU Alumni Association
Donohoe Alumni House
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Online: Ignatian Award Nomination Form
Nominee Phone Number
Nominee Santa Clara Class Year
Proposer Phone Number
Proposer Santa Clara Class Year (if applicable)
Please include specific examples of involvement in community service programs, education, youth activities, and Church. Also include any special awards or recognitions bestowed on the nominee that demonstrate outstanding service to humanity.
Has nominee received similar award from an SCU alumni chapter?
If yes, when and where?