The Louis I. Bannan, S.J. award was established in the year 2000, and is rendered annually to a single individual or couple who has given distinguished and outstanding service to the Alumni Association and Santa Clara University.
The award selection committee is a five member group consisting of:
- The National Alumni Association President
- Two prior Alumni Association Presidents, appointed by the National President of the Alumni Association
- The Executive Director of the Alumni Association
- The Vice President for University Relations
- Nominees must be an alumnus/a of the University.
- Service to the Alumni Association and the University should be major determinants.
- Rotating Members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors and current members of the University Board of Trustees, Board of Regents, and Board of Fellows are not eligible.
- University employees are not eligible.
- The Louis I. Bannan, S.J. Award is not granted posthumously.
- Any exceptions to the “General Criteria” must be unanimously approved by the Louis I. Bannan, S.J. Award Selection Committee and the University President.
All alumni are encouraged to make nominations. Nominations should detail a nominee's qualifications and should be sent via mail, fax, or Web to:
Mail: National Alumni Association President
c/o SCU Alumni Office, Donohoe Alumni House
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Recognition of Recipients
Each award recipient will be presented a framed Louis I. Bannan, S.J. Award certificate by the National President of the Alumni Association at the President's Dinner in April.