The University and Alumni Association established a class audit program in 1975 for the benefit of interested alumni. The purpose of this service is to provide graduates the opportunity to audit (non-credit) undergraduate courses tuition free.
The requirements for utilizing this service are as follows:
1. Only undergraduate classes are eligible to be audited through this program.
2. Only one course per quarter may be taken through this program. (Additional courses for regular University audit are available through the Registrar's Office. For more information please visit the Registrar's website.)
3. The course taken will not be graded by the professor or Registrar's Office as having been an officially audited course and will not be recorded on your transcript.
4. You must be a Santa Clara University alumnus/a of record to be eligible for the program. If you are a current student, your class must have completed commencement before you are eligible.
5. To register, you must visit the Alumni Office at the Donohoe Alumni House where your alumni status will be confirmed and you will receive an audit form.
6. After obtaining the prepared audit form from the Alumni Office, the eligible alumnus/a must receive permission from the professor to audit the course (space permitting).
7. Once the professor has granted permission and signed the audit form, the alumus/a must return the signed form with a $25 processing fee to the Donohoe Alumni House.
8. Interested alumni may enter this program between the last day of late registration and the ensuing seven days of each quarter.
9. If you will be using the library you will need to bring your alumni card and a copy of your audit form to the University Librarian's office where you will receive a temporary library card to be used during the audited academic quarter. More information »