CEPI News and Events
What's Happening in the World of Equity Compensation?
The CEPI wanted to make sure you knew about all the exciting events this month in the world of equity compensation. There are many great opportunities to learn more in this constantly changing industry and to earn Continuing Education hours. To view a pdf of this page, click here.
Annual CEP Symposium
The CEP Institute's Annual Symposium this year was a great success. If you were unable to attend the Symposium this year, you may view the presentations on the CEP Institute website.
Mark your calendar now for the 10th Annual CEP Symposium on March 25, 2014, when we will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the CEP Institute.
GPS: Participant Education and Communication
The latest GPS research publication - GPS | Participant Education and Communication is now available. It will be available for download from our website by the end of this week and you may purchase a hard copy from NCEO.
2013 CEP Exam Information
CEP candidates are busily preparing for the June 8th exam. If you missed the registration window for the June exam, registration is now open for the November 2nd exam. Register now to take advantage of current pricing as prices go up effective July 1st.
If you plan to take a CEP exam during 2013, please be sure that you are using the most current version of the materials as most of the publications have been updated for 2013. See the CEPI webpage for a complete list of 2013 materials.
Like us on Facebook
The CEP Institute now has a Facebook page. Find us at facebook.com/cepiscu
. And if you haven't already joined our LinkedIn group, our group name is Certified Equity Professional Institute (CEPI).
Start fresh in 2013 and stay current with your continuing education. Refer to our website at http://www.scu.edu/business/cepi/stay_current.cfm
for information about activities that qualify for credit.
If you are a CEP that has allowed their continuing education to lapse, please contact the CEPI at email@example.com to discuss your options for filing late applications.
Mark your calendar with these important dates.
- May 1 – Southern California Joint NASSP Chapter Webcast, Making the Grade: Tips & Best Practices for the CEP Exam, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=47&PriorEvents=False#3539.
- May 1 – Austin NASPP Chapter Meeting, How to Increase the Life Expectancy of an Equity Plan's Share Reserve, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=16&PriorEvents=False#3546, Austin, TX.
- May 5-8 – Synergy 2013, Presented by Solium, http://www.cvent.com/events/synergy-2013-solium-s-annual-user-conference/event-summary-7f9603959fa540d5a78c0734660920e7.aspx, Calgary, Alberta.
- May 10 – Atlanta NASPP Chapter Meeting, 10b5-1 Plans, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=15&PriorEvents=False#3538, Location TBD.
- May 16 – New York Chapter Meeting, SEC Whistleblowers, http://www.globalequity.org/geo/node/3114, New York City, NY.
- May 16 – Twin Cities NASPP Chapter Meeting, Topic TBA, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=14&PriorEvents=False#3514, Location TBD.
- May 16 – Michigan NASPP Chapter Meeting, Critical Global Equity Updates; State and Local Taxation of Stock Options and other Equity-based Compensation; and Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=28&PriorEvents=False#3525, Kalamazoo, MI.
- May 21 – GEO Webcast, The Proceeds Odyssey – Challenges of Repatriation of Participant Proceeds, http://www.globalequity.org/geo/node/4607.
- May 22 – NCEO Live Webinar, Equity Compensation In Pass-Through Entities, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/561.
- May 23 – Netherlands GEO Chapter Meeting, Global Equity Compensation: Three Experts Share Their Strategies for 2013, http://www.globalequity.org/geo/node/3119, Amsterdam.
- May 30 – SOS Educational Webcast, The Mod Squad: A Guide to Modification Accounting for Stock Plan Professionals, https://sosevents.webex.com/mw0307l/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=sosevents.
- June 7 – Dallas NASPP All Day Workshop, Equity Compensation Best Practices, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=17&PriorEvents=False#3544, Dallas, TX.
- June 12-14 – GEO's 14th Annual International Conference, Save the Date! http://www.globalequity.org/geo/node/4385, Hilton Munich Park.
- June 21 – Silicon Valley NASPP All-day Conference, Save the Date! http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=30&PriorEvents=False#3484, Santa Clara, CA.
- June 26 – NCEO Live Webinar, Top 10 Things Private Companies Do With Equity, But Shouldn't,http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/562.
- July 31 – NCEO Live Webinar, Performance-Linked Equity for Private Companies, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/563.
- August 28 – NCEO Live Webinar, International Equity Compensation, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/555.
- September 25 – NCEO Live Webinar, Administration & Accounting for Private Companies – The Foundation, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/564.
- October 23-25 – GEO National Equity Compensation Forum, http://www.globalequity.org/geo/node/4386, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
- October 30 – NCEO Live Webinar, Awards That Vest on Change in Control, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/565.
- November 20 – NCEO Live Webinar, Best Practices in Employee Communications, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/554.
- December 11 – NCEO Live Webinar, Equity Compensation in ESOP Companies, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/566.
- March 25, 2014 – 10th Annual CEP Symposium – Save the date!