Account Manager for Optown
An OptTown Account Manager is responsible for acquiring, managing, and maintaining relationships with both students and businesses on OptTown.
OptTown is the fun, social network that connects consumers to all of their favorite places to shop, eat, drink and play.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Helping identify and prioritize target businesses that serve the University community
- Selling the OptTown service to local merchants
- Collecting the initial payments
- Helping businesses set-up initial content
- Delivering and setting-up business signage
- Helping plan and implement Launching Event (venue, invites, materials, pictures and stories for consumer blog)
- University blast with students (facebook blast, flyers around school, signage at businesses)
- The OptTown University specific facebook page “OptTown at University name” (student reach out, what businesses would you like to see? Encouraging students to tell those businesses to get on OptTown. A success story and student/business feature every week)
- Attending/Throwing launching meetings with various student groups (sororities, business frat, etc)
- Monitoring business content (freshness, frequency, look and feel)
- Surveying student satisfaction. Reporting feedback.
- Surveying business satisfaction/troubleshooting. Reporting feedback.
- Being the on-call help for businesses
- Helping with acquisition of sales account managers for the next Universities. Giving feedback about their position and what was clear/unclear. Helping/advising/creating “standard” sales processes.
Profile, Skills, and Experience
The ideal candidate will have 1-3+ years’ experience in Sales and/or the aptitude, attitude, drive and connections to grow the OptTown network of businesses and consumers.
- Extremely well-connected to and familiar with both the student body and their favorite surrounding businesses. School Spirit.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in prospecting and working with businesses
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with an orientation to customer satisfaction
- Confidence, charisma, determination, and quick-witted
- Self-supervising, honest, responsible, follow-through
- Team oriented
Education and Qualifications
The following education and qualifications are highly desirable
- Current student or recent graduate of Santa Clara University
- Knows the student body. (Orientation leader, ASB, student athlete, and/or Greek society member)
- Extensive Facebook network
- Sales, marketing or business career aspiration
Own functioning iPhone to use in the Sales demo process
Own functioning PC or Mac to use in the Sales process
Transportation to get to and from multiple businesses
Santa Clara, California
Commission and Objective Based Bonuses
To Apply: send resume and letter of interest to Amanda Arthur: firstname.lastname@example.org