Golden Seeds Seeks Angel Investment Intern-Paid Opportunity
15188 Lester Lane
Los Gatos, CA
Position: Angel Investment Intern
---Job Description/Position Objectives---
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the 3rd largest Angel Investment Firm in the United States. Golden Seeds is an Investment Firm whose mission is to bring capital to female entrepreneurs. This internship is an ongoing opportunity to work directly with and for the Operating Committee of the West Coast arm of Golden Seeds. The role will largely involve the following and will benefit from significant training in deal flow, deal selection, and portfolio management. This is a fantastic opportunity for the graduate level student striving to be an entrepreneur or work for a venture firm.
* Support Deal Flow Leads by conducting research needed to help select applicants for Screening and/or Due Diligence (e.g. competitive landscape, etc.)
* Attend Screenings, Forums and Deep Dives (preferably in person) to take notes, and create follow on research plan for companies in which Golden Seeds takes interest
* Track companies GSSV chooses not to invest in to follow their progress and help refine our process and inform our learning on Deal Flow and Selection
* Act as the point of contract for technology preparation for Screening and Forum (get all entrepreneur material set up on computer, make sure AV working)
* Host entrepreneurs in and out of the room
* Time keep during Screenings and Forum
* Take notes and distribute materials
* Support Training Leaders and participate in training (investing training, board member training, company valuation training, and portfolio management training)
Currently these are all activities performed directly by GSSV Operating Committee members. Leading and participating in these activities has ensured that the Operating Committee members have become seasoned and experienced investors. The Intern in this role will learn to be an investor as well, without having to invest.
This role will require participation in meetings on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, and research work outside those formal meetings. Work level varies dependent on how much due diligence is in the works, and how much the Intern wants to get involved and learn. At a minimum the Intern should plan for 20-30 hours a month.
Currently enrolled in a graduate level program with interest in becoming an entrepreneur or evaluating startup investments.
This position is a paid internship, with hours per week-half to full days on the 2nd and 4th Tusdays of each month. Additional research outside formal meetings 2-3 hours per week. Formal meetings are held at Orrick in Melo Park and DLA Piper in Palo Alto.
This may be an ongoing internship or for a specific period of time (negotiable). Graduate student preferred.
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter to Coco Brown, email@example.com