- SCU Business Home
- About LSB
- Exec Education
- News & Events
- CIE Home
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- California Program for Entrepreneurship (CAPE)
- Alumni & Friends
- About the CIE
- Newsletter & News Articles
- My Own Business Institute (MOBI)
The CIE offers those enrolled in the Graduate Entrepreneurship Program the opportunity to apply new entrepreneurial skills in emerging Silicon Valley startups. A variety of paid and unpaid internships are available throughout the year.
For consideration, complete the Graduate Entrepreneurship Program enrollment form today.
CIE Internship OpportunitiesView all items «
The Frisco Touch (CAPE Venture) Seeks Social Media & Marketing Intern
Tuesday, Sep. 24, 2013
Title: Social Media and Marketing Intern
Salary Level: Unpaid
Duration: 3 months
Percentage Travel: < 10%
Desired Start Date: September 23, 2013
Approximate Hours per Week: 20
About The Frisco Touch:
We are a gift shopping service for people who don’t have time to shop for gifts or don’t know what gift to buy. We want to eliminate your stress and frustration from gift shopping by shopping for you.
Our start-up e-commerce company, currently with a staff of 2, seeks quality interns to help develop and grow our online presence by generating high quality traffic while growing our return visitor rate.
This role will entail:
1. Developing, managing, maintaining and promoting our presence within Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram)
2. Responding to and engaging with users within these different social media platforms
3. Creating and posting daily content for these outlets
4. Conduct market research in online, retail, and mobile sectors to understand the company’s customer needs and position us to fill niche gaps that can benefit the company in ways they might not even know
5. Develop detailed marketing plans incorporating media relations, current events, and press releases
6. Raise awareness of The Frisco Touch brand with the intention of gaining interest from not only retail customers, but also for possible partnerships with different companies
7. Create Google Adwords, Adsense and Analytics accounts
8. Ad Hoc assignments and projects as needed
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, someone who is great at figuring things out on their own, self-motivated, and super passionate about social media marketing. Additionally, we’re looking for someone with the following traits:
Approximately 20 hours per week, ideally spread out over three or four days. The intern should be willing to use Twitter, Facebook and other social media multiple times a day.
Able to work remotely; Must be able to meet in person/over the phone once a week.
Desired Majors: Marketing, Communications
Job Function: Advertising/Marketing, Communication, Social Media