- SCU Business Home
- About LSB
- Exec Education
- News & Events
- CIE Home
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- California Program for Entrepreneurship (CAPE)
- Alumni & Friends
- About the CIE
- Newsletter & News Articles
- My Own Business Institute (MOBI)
The CIE offers those enrolled in the Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Program the opportunity to apply new entrepreneurial skills in emerging Silicon Valley startups. A variety of paid and unpaid internships are available throughout the year.
In addition, undergraduate students enrolled in the BUSN 145 Entrepreneurship Practicum course have the opportunity to intern for a quarter at both emerging and established startups. This 2-unit course is available in Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters. Undergraduate students pursuing a Minor in Entrepreneurship will also have an opportunity for a startup internship through MGMT 198E Internship in Entrepreneurship. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIE Internship Opportunities
View all items «
Research (Market Research and Field Research)-Lavash Microtoast (CAPE Participant)
Wednesday, Sep. 21, 2011
Lavash Microtoast (CAPE Participant)
Job Description: This is one unpaid internship position in exchange for BUSN145 credit. This position has two main roles: (1)Restaurant Demographics & Psychographics Researcher (2)Secret Diner
(1) 90% of your time will be spent performing a directed reading and data collection of the restaurant industry relevant to this startup. Your research will be carefully guided by me so do not be intimidated by this research. This research will include:
(2) 10% of your time will be spent being a secret diner with me where we will try and secretly dine at a different place each month to learn more about the restaurant: pricing, operations, server etiquette, machinery (if applicable), and other. Though it will be us eating someplace, it will be "fieldwork" where we will need to be attentive and take notes immediately afterwards. Food expenses will be covered by the startup.
Desired Skills: All majors are welcome. I prefer someone with excellent writing skills and researching capabilities (i.e. proficient in doing library and journal research). I prefer someone who is assertive and is not afraid to perform surveys with large amounts of people. Restaurant operations/accounting experience is preferred but not required. Along with your resume, I would like you submit to me a writing sample of your previous work so I can get an idea of your writing abilities. If you cannot submit a writing sample along with your resume, you will not be considered. The writing sample can be on any topic.
Part-Time Internship Unpaid Internship
Duration: Until the end of SCU's quarter.
The startup is in its emerging stages and the restaurant launch is roughly 18 months from now. Apply to this position to get research-based experience on startups (i.e. this startup is more research-intensive rather than hands-on... be aware of that)
Contact: Dean Paul Dominguez email@example.com