Examples of custom programs delivered by the Executive Development Center.
- Remaining competitive in an increasingly challenging business climate and the ability to sustain a culture that values innovation were the focus of a 3-day custom program designed for the R&D group of a mid-sized Silicon Valley-based global company. Core themes were: innovation as a core competence, market leadership, and systems and executive thinking. A daily 'application session' was led by the senior executive responsible for the group. Team-building was enhanced by a wine-tasting session.
- Individuals identified as 'high potentials' in a leading Silicon Valley-based high tech company participate in a year-long "Performance Academy". Topics such as high-performing teams, strategy, finance, innovation and entrepreneurship, leading and managing are central to this program. A presentation and Q&A by the company’s CEO underscores the critical nature of this program to the company’s long-term success. The program culminates in a SCU certificate for all participants.
- In an effort to push decision-making further down into the organization, management in the San Jose office of a Taiwan-based technology company created a program in collaboration with the EDC that provided greater understanding of finance, marketing, and customer data gathering and analysis.
- A leading Silicon Valley technology company worked with the EDC to develop a curriculum to help a key business unit adopt a new operating model for pricing their services. The EDC built a program around systems/executive thinking, finance, and customer focused visits.
- The west coast office of a global transportation company saw the need to build a more cohesive executive team. Based upon interviews of the executive team by a SCU faculty member, a program was designed around the findings from the discussions.
To discuss programs the Executive Development Center might create for your company, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org