The Art and Discipline of Middle Management: The Critical Link for Business Success
All managers are responsible to insure the maximum efficiency of their resources, yet many organizations are running at levels of efficiency well below what they are capable of achieving. Why is middle management so critical? It's because they have the greatest potential impact on the overall efficiency and efficacy of the organization. However, many of these managers have gaps in the knowledge, understanding and tools needed to maximize the performance of the organization and the resources assigned to them.
This program will focus on the middle manager and the framework needed to be successful in this role. In fact, these managers help create and validate strategic goals, create organizational structures and processes, initiate action, work with and through others, sustain and improve the organization, and take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the organization's outputs.
With this complexity in mind, this program will help participants:
- Gain the knowledge and understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the middle manager
- Be able to identify the framework required to achieve organizational goals
- Better understand how to maximize the efficiency of the resources assigned to the organization
- Improve the organization's capabilities and the quality of its outputs
- Lay the groundwork required to improve the morale of those in the organization
This program is intended for:
- First level managers preparing for the next level of management
- Mid level managers wishing to improve the efficiency of their organization
- Senior managers who need to mentor their mid level managers
Mr. Kehoe has been a Director in large established companies (Intel, Amdocs) and start-ups (Visto, ePhysician, Armus). He is currently a Senior Program Manager at Juniper systems and has held a similar position for companies such as Cisco and Palm, In addition, Mr. Kehoe teaches courses in Engineering and Management at Santa Clara University and San Jose State University.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
All requests for refunds must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Executive Development Center's refund policy states that program registrants unable to attend will receive a refund under the following conditions:
- More than one week prior to the program will incur a $25 processing fee
- Less than one week prior to the program, no refund given
- If a participant is a no-show for a program, no refund will be given
The executive Development Center reserves the right to cancel any program for which minimum enrollment is not met prior to the program's beginning date. If a program is canceled, participants will be notified, and the full registration fee will be refunded.
Substitutions and Rollover Policy:
Participant substitutions are allowed for all programs. The substitute information must be sent by email - email@example.com or call 408-554-4521 with the substitute information: name, job title, email address, and phone number no later than 2 p.m. the day before the program begins. For participants who opt to roll into a program scheduled at a later date, a $15 fee will be incurred for each rollover. The rollover fee must be received within two weeks of request. Since program prices are subject to increase, participants who roll to a subsequent program will also be responsible for any price increase.