- SCU Business Home
- About LSB
- Exec Education
- News & Events
- Faculty Home
- Academic Departments
Centers & Institutes
- Center for Accounting Education & Practice (CAEP)
- Certified Equity Professionals Institute (CEPI)
- Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CIE)
- Civil Society Institute (CSI)
- Executive Development Center (EDC)
- Food & Agribusiness Institute
- Global Women's Leadership Network (GWLN)
- Retail Management Institute (RMI)
- Mind | Work : Faculty Research News
About Stephen and Patricia Schott
Stephen and Patricia Schott established an endowed professorship at Santa Clara University to honor a senior faculty member who represents the University’s model of “teaching scholars.” The Schott Professor is an individual whose scholarship is not only first-rate, but whose insights and integrated into their work in the classroom, and whose teaching interactions generate new scholarly investigation. In establishing this chair, the Schotts were particularly interested in further developing effective managers through leadership and team-building education.
The Schotts’ ties to SCU began with Schott’s father, Edgar, who taught engineering at SCU from 1931 to 1940. Stephen himself is a 1960 graduate (as are the couple’s children, Lisa ’85 and Stephen ’87), and has been a Trustee of the University since 1988.
A veteran housing developer, he is president of Citation Homes Central, a family-run business, one of California's largest home builders, and was co-owner of the Oakland A's (1995-2005).
The Schotts are active in the Bay Area business and philanthropic communities, including Santa Clara University where the new Admission and Enrollment complex will be named for the couple.