A Unique Experiential Learning Opportunity
The BRIDGES Experiential Learning Program is a unique opportunity for both working professional and full-time Santa Clara University MBA candidates to further enhance their skills and real world experience through experiential learning projects.
Paired with a Silicon Valley company or nonprofit organization, students will be tasked to solve a specific business challenge over the course of the summer using the skills acquired through their MBA education. This program is an ideal solution for students who wish to enhance any skill gaps with practical experience, and either currently hold a full-time job or are looking to transition into a different industry or discipline.
2014 Potential Projects
Here is a sampling of projects received for summer 2014, take advantage of this great opportunity. Submit your application by FRIDAY, MAY 16, 5 p.m.
- Work alongside seasoned VCs to research market applications in the growing area of IoT technologies
- Analyze options for paid marketing campaigns for a video start-up company
- Identify content and use case to drive user engagement for a mobile app
- Marketing project to evaluate a brand ambassador program for a mobile app
- Study customer data and make qualitative and quantitativerecommendations on how to improve the ease of doing business with a cloud company
- Analyze brand awareness of a well-established nonprofit, benchmark it and determine where gaps exist
- Pricing Model Development of a startup which is addressing the growing movement of applications moving to Clouds
- Analyze business plan of a local foundation and develop new ideas for increasing the revenue stream and partnership opportunities
BRIDGES Experiential Project Details
• Projects last approximately 8 weeks during the summer, typically starting in mid-June and concluding in early August.
• Students apply with one or two other members. If you are applying alone, we will put groups together based on interest areas.
• Project commitment will be between 80-200 team hours throughout the project, dependent on the size of the team. Average expected commitment is 50 hours per student.
• Interest areas include Business Development, Business Analysis, Market Research, Marketing, Operations, and Strategic Planning.
• To be considered for the BRIDGES Program, you need to have completed the following classes: Finance 2452, and Marketing 3552.
• A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required to participate.
• No academic credit is earned for participation.
How to Apply
- Click here to download an application form. (Note: You must be currently enrolled and have completed one year of your MBA program.)
- Completed application forms must be submitted, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Friday May 16, 2014.
- Your updated resume must be included with your application.
- Once your application has been submitted, a project review team from the GBP staff will review it. Consideration will be given to match you with a project that matches your functional interest, but we cannot guarantee it. You will be notified no later than May 23 if you have been chosen to participate.
- You will be required to attend a Bridges Student Orientation, dates are currently being scheduled.
- If you have been selected, you will be sent contact information of the employer you will be working with, along with the project specifics. It will be up to you and the employer to set-up the kick-off meeting and determine how the work will be distributed throughout the project.
- During your kick-off meeting, make sure that the scope of the project has been clearly defined and that a schedule of deliverables has been agreed upon. Your team will need to submit a completed Statement of Work to Graduate Business Career Management by June 30.
- The GBCM office will do a mid-point check in and final survey at the end of the project.
- At the end of the project, a final presentation will be given to the employer.
Contact us at any time during the project if you have questions or if any issues arise: email@example.com.