A Unique Internship Opportunity
The BRIDGES Consulting Program is a unique opportunity for both working professional and full-time Santa Clara University MBA candidates to further enhance their skills and real world experience through consulting projects.
Paired with a Silicon Valley company or nonprofit organization, students will be tasked to solve a specific business challenge over the course of the summer using the skills acquired through their MBA education. This program is an ideal solution for students who wish to enhance any skill gaps with practical experience, and either currently hold a full-time job or are looking to transition into a different industry or discipline.
BRIDGES Project Details
• Projects last approximately 8 weeks during the summer, typically starting in mid-June and concluding in early August.
• Students can either enter paired with one or two other members. If you are applying alone, we will put groups together based on interest areas.
• Project commitment will be between 80-200 team hours throughout the project, dependent on the size of the team. Average expected commitment is 50 hours per student.
• Interest areas include Business Development, Business Analysis, Market Research, Marketing, Operations, and Strategic Planning.
• To be considered for the BRIDGES Program, you need to have completed the following classes: Accounting 300, Accounting 302, Finance 451, and Marketing 551.
• A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required to participate.
• No academic credit is earned for participation.
How to Apply
- Click here to download an application form. (Note: You must be currently enrolled and have completed one year of your MBA program.)
- Completed application forms must be submitted, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on May 30, 2013.
- Your updated resume must be included with your application.
- Once your application has been submitted, a project review team from the GBP staff will review it. Consideration will be given to match you with a project that matches your functional interest, but we cannot guarantee it. You will be notified no later than June 8 if you have been chosen to participate.
- You will be required to attend a Bridges Student Orientation, dates TBD after June 15.
- If you have been selected, you will be sent contact information of the employer you will be working with, along with the project specifics. It will be up to you and the employer to set-up the kick-off meeting and determine how the work will be distributed throughout the project.
- During your kick-off meeting, make sure that the scope of the project has been clearly defined and that a schedule of deliverables has been agreed upon. Your team will need to submit a completed Statement of Work to Graduate Business Career Management by June 30.
- The GBCM office will do a mid-point check in and final survey at the end of the project.
- At the end of the project, a final presentation will be given to the employer.
Contact us at any time during the project if you have questions or if any issues arise: email@example.com.