Applicants for admission to the MSIS program must have a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or its foreign equivalent before registering in the Leavey School of Business. Applicants also must have successfully completed at least one course in each of the following areas prior to enrollment:
- A programming language
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Applicants for the MSIS program may apply to begin in the Fall, Winter, Spring quarters. Applicants must complete and submit the following items before the Admissions Committee will render an admissions decision:
- Two completed confidential Letters of Recommendation from managers, supervisors, or faculty who are familiar with your work. Downloadable forms provided in the online application.
- Two official transcripts from each college / university-level institution attended, including extension programs. All applicants who hold a bachelor's degree from outside the United States are required to have their official transcript evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). We require a course-by-course, cumulative GPA and U.S. degree equivalency evaluation.
- $100 application fee ($150 for international student applicants requiring a student visa)
AFTER SUBMITTING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Applicants are responsible for the appropriate submission of all application materials:
- Online application fee must be paid by credit card and submitted electronically
- Recommendation letters, resume, and transcripts submitted in hard copy to the admissions office:
- MSIS Admissions Committee
Leavey School of Business
Lucas Hall Suite 109
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053-0410
Please do NOT fax supplemental materials.
- Have the GMAT/GRE and TOEFL/IELTS/ PTE scores sent directly from the test center to the Admissions office at Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University.
GRE, reference Institution code: 7238
GMAT, reference Institution code: BV3-WB-18
TOEFL, reference Institution code: 4851, Department code: 02
- To ask specific questions about the MSIS Program, call the MSIS Admissions Office at 408-551-7047, or e-mail email@example.com
- Applicants whose first language is not English must take the TOEFL/IELTS.The TOEFL/IELTS may be waived if the applicant receives a score in the 50th percentile or higher on the verbal portion of the GMAT/GRE.
- Applicants who hold a bachelor's degree from outside of the United States are required to have their official transcripts evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). We require a course-by-course, cumulative GPA, and U.S. degree equivalency evaluation. Exceptions are made for applicants who hold an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited U.S. University.
- Upon acceptance, foreign-born applicants requesting student visas must submit a current financial statement (no more than 90 days old) showing adequate funds for tuition, fees, and living expenses for the first year of study and must be enrolled in at least 9 units each quarter. Santa Clara University is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
Admission decisions are made throughout the year. Applicants are admitted on the basis of academic ability as indicated by college records and GMAT or GRE scores, demonstrated technical management potential (including work experience and recommendations), and motivation to complete a demanding academic program. Once accepted, a non-refundable tuition deposit is required prior to registration. The deposit is applied toward the student's first-term tuition.