Retail Management Newsletter
If your customers are using social technology, and you're not, what does that say about your ability to meet them and reach them? On October 24, Charlene Li brought strategic advice about social technologies to members of the Retail Consortium for Management Education (RCME). Read more.
As executive vice president and chief operating officer for Walmart U.S., Gisel Ruiz (RMI/SCU'92) is responsible for the company's U.S. operations which include more than 3,800 discount stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets,and Wallmart Express formats. Read more.
On February 2, the recycling bin ended up on the runway. Student designers and artists utilized their creative talents to take materials that would have otherwise ended up in the recycling bin and transform them into works of art for the second annual Eco-Fashion and Art Show, hosted by the Office of Sustainability. Read more.
The Retail Management Institute (RMI) supports me and connects me with opportunities and experiences that I did not know existed. As a 20-year old junior these opportunities have led me to believe more in myself and my own capabilities, and have provided the chance to establish a career that I am passionate about. Read more.
Seniors John Tylko, Brianna Burt, Amanda Rossi, and I were honored with the Retail Management Institute's Jill Curran Scholarship, which gave us the opportunity to travel to New York City for five days during January. Read more.
It is a busy and confusing time for all of us graduating seniors here at Santa Clara. With spring quarter in full swing and the hunt for a full-time job going strong, we are all forced to consider what we will be doing post-graduation. Read more.
Retail Studies Senior Seminar students had the pleasure of hearing a presentation by Kurt Apen, eBay's senior director of loyalty and Customer Retention Management (CRM). Apen shared the riveting story of how eBay leveraged customer centricity to manage the turnaround of its U.S. Marketplaces business. Read more.
Since I was born and raised in Hawaii, I've never had the chance to actually visit a Kohl's department store before. Now, one presentation later, I feel robbed of that opportunity! Read more.
For some time now, retail companies have made considerable investments in technology that have allowed them to compete with the increasing customer demand for online shopping. With nearly 600 stores across the globe, Williams- Sonoma, Inc. is no exception to this growing consumer trend. Read more.
Anxious, nervous, optimistic, and scared were just a few of the feelings I had going into the winter Retail Management Career Fair, held February 8. As a senior graduating this June, I saw the career fair as a great opportunity to start speaking with recruiters in the retail industry. Read more.
Find out where RMI juniors are heading for their summer internship. Read more.
RMI Newsletter Archives
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 25, No. 1 Winter/Spring 2014
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 24, No. 2 Fall 2013
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 23, No. 1 Winter/Spring 2013
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 22, No. 2 Fall 2012
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 22, No. 1 Winter/Spring 2012
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 21, No. 2 Fall/Winter 2011
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 21, No. 1 Winter/Spring 2011
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 20, No. 2 Fall 2010
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 20, No. 1 Winter/Spring 2010
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 19, No. 2 Fall 2009
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 19, No. 1 Winter 2009
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 18, No. 2 Fall 2008
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 18, No. 1 Winter 2008
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 18, No. 3 Fall 2007
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 18, No. 1 Spring 2007
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 17, No. 3 Fall 2006
- RMI Newsletter Vol. 17, No. 2 Spring 2006
To request a current newsletter to be mailed to you go to Request Newsletters online