Is this job right for me?
Consider the following:
- What are the job duties and responsibilities? Are they realistic and exciting?
- Is the work challenging?
- Is there variety in the work? Will you be learning new skills?
- Is there opportunity for growth and employee development?
- Where will this job take you in one or two years?
Organization and Culture
- Do you like the working conditions/environment and location?
- Do you feel comfortable with your future supervisor and fellow employees?
- Is your supervisor likely to be a good mentor?
- What is the organization’s reputation? Is it involved in the community?
- Is the organization growing or downsizing?
- Do your values and lifestyle correspond with the values and culture of the organization?
Salary and Benefits
- What is the compensation package?
- Does the salary meet your financial needs and obligations?
- Are there opportunities for salary increases?
- If the salary is low, are there opportunities for significant responsibilities and advancement?
- What is the benefits package offered? Some employers offer creative benefits to attract and retain good employees, such as stock options, transportation costs, meals, flextime and telecommuting.