Studio Art - Scholarship
Goal 1. Promote opportunities for exhibition of student art work through campus publications and student exhibits with external judges.
- 1a. Annual Student Art Exhibit with awards judged by local arts' professionals
- 1b. Art Post, the Department's annual alumni newsletter, should be designed and formatted by students enrolled in ARTS 178 (Adv. Graphic Design).
- 1c. Encourage students to submit works to The Santa Clara Review
- 1d. Encourage studio majors to write reviews of art exhibits by students, as well as other exhibits at the de Saisset Museum and other area museums for campus publications.
Goal 2. Promote docent/internship and other professional opportunities for art majors and minors.
- 2a. Encourage participation in the Explore with Me student docent program at the de Saisset Museum.
- 2b. Encourage participation in local arts organizations as interns (e.g., WORKS gallery, SJMA (San Jose Museum of Art), ICA (Institute for Contemporary Art)
- 2c. Consider including a student representative on the Art Gallery Committee.
Goal 3. Promote opportunities for participation in study-abroad programs by students and faculty, as well as campus visits by international artists.
- 3a. Encourage Studio Art faculty to offer courses abroad, forging a direct link to our department
Goal 4. Encourage studio majors to pursue research opportunities in Studio Arts.
- 4a. Match students seeking research opportunities with Studio Art faculty needing research assistants.
- 4b. Publicize availability of independent study opportunities in the Silicon Valley business community via ARTS 199.