Membership Application: 2012-2013 School Year
ATTENTION: Lambda Pi Eta only accepts applications during the open enrollment period. The current open-enrollment period closes on March 15, 2013. The next application period will take place in the middle of the Fall quarter (2013). Seniors can only apply for membership during the Fall open enrollment period. Seniors may not apply for membership after the Fall quarter. Therefore, the March 15, 2013 deadline is only open to Juniors.
To qualify as a member of the Communication Honor Society, you must:
Be a Communication Major or Minor in good standing with the university
Have completed at least 90 units of coursework
Have completed at least 18 units in Communication
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00 for all coursework
Have a minimum GPA of 3.50 in COMM courses
Rank in the top 35% of your class
If you are accepted to membership, you will be required to do the following:
- Pay a $40 membership fee (payable after you are officially accepted)
- Attend one service event each quarter and CHS-sponsored events
- Attend all meetings of the society (unless excused)
If you believe you qualify and are interested in joining, please download, complete, and print your application
. Once you have done so, you will need to do the following:
- Make sure all parts of the application are complete
- Print a copy of your unofficial transcripts (from eCampus)
- Submit your application and transcripts (please put your transcripts in a sealed envelope to protect your confidential information) to the Communication Department Office, 2nd Floor of Arts & Sciences by the deadline date and time.
- Note: If you are traveling abroad this quarter, you may e-mail your completed application and PDF copy of your transcript to Dr. Justin Boren (email@example.com) by the deadline (Pacific Time).
The deadline for the Winter of 2013 is: March 15, 2013 by 4:00pm. Seniors are not eligible to apply. We will base your application on your grades through the Winter Quarter (therefore, we will wait until after the Winter Quarter to process your application).
Download the application here
Some other important notes:
The service requirement will be directed by the faculty adviser and will support the academic goals of the department, which may include special projects sponsored by faculty, hosting department Open House, Preview day and Grad School panels, community service projects, and other works. You will receive additional information about service obligations and opportunities from the membership meetings and through our e-mail list (which you will automatically become a member, if your application is accepted).
The membership fee of $40.00 will be required if your application is accepted to the society. The membership fee includes lifetime membership in Lambda Pi Eta, chapter dues, and your membership certificate & pin (distributed during end-of-year ceremonies). There are additional costs (currently at $9.00) if you would like an honor cord to wear during commencement. Actual costs will be provided to you prior to commencement. There is no need to provide payment with your application, as payment will be accepted after your application has been approved.
If you have questions about these policies, please contact Dr. Justin P. Boren, Lambda Pi Eta Adviser at 408-551-7057 or firstname.lastname@example.org