- Arts & Sciences Home
- Dean's Office
- Faculty & Staff
Since 1983 the Graduate Program in Pastoral Ministries has been preparing women and men to enter professional ministries in Church and society. The program offers the Master of Arts degree in both face-to-face and online blended formats.
The degree program has five major goals:
- Leaders: Educate leaders dedicated to serving the Church and creating community in parish and other pastoral settings.
- Diverse Church: Prepare ministry professionals to function effectively in a diverse global ecclesial environment.
- Justice: Educate students in the Catholic and Jesuit vision of an informed faith that promotes social justice for the common good.
- Theological Depth: Educate students in key areas of foundational theological study relevant to Christian ministry: Fundamental Theology, Christology, Ecclesiology, Ethics, Hebrew Bible, the New Testament, and Sacraments and Liturgy.
- Ministry Understanding and Skills: Educate students in pastoral skills, ministry knowledge, and liturgical fluency for Christian ministry.
Students and graduates of the Graduate Program in Pastoral Ministries serve in parishes, education, diocesan offices, and non-profits in a variety of roles such as:
The Program offers courses during the academic year as well summer sessions from late June through the end of July. The student body is richly comprised of Roman Catholics and Protestants, international students, laity, as well as priests and religious.
Our goal is to prepare women and men to be compassionate and competent professionals working to transform lives, schools, and communities.
We encourage you to explore the many opportunities offered by the Graduate Program in Pastoral Ministries by clicking here.
© 2014 Santa Clara University | Graduate Program in Pastoral Ministries
500 El Camino Real Santa Clara, California 95053-0337 | (408) 554-4831 | Fax: (408) 554-7830
Contact Us with comments about this website