Campus Ministry Positions
Campus Minister – Xavier High School in New York City, NYFounded in 1847, Xavier High School is an academically rigorous, Catholic, Jesuit, college preparatory school in New York City that educates intelligent, motivated young men of diverse backgrounds and means. Xavier teaches students to take responsibility for their lives, to lead with integrity, to act justly in service of others, to pursue excellence in every endeavor and to deepen their relationship with God. Ultimately, Xavier forms young men who will go forth to transform the world for God’s greater glory.
The Campus Minister assists and reports to the Director of Campus Ministry. The Campus Minister works as part of the broader Campus Ministry team to foster the religious formation programs as directed by the Headmaster of Xavier High School. The Campus Ministry Team is responsible for the development of those experiential programs that foster the religious and spiritual growth of the Xavier community.
The major areas of the Campus Minister’s concern include:
- The organization, coordination and promotion of all school liturgical celebrations including all-school Masses, class year Masses, and faculty Masses;
- The organization, coordination and promotion all prayer services, reconciliation services, daily prayer, and afternoon prayer;
The planning and facilitation of the freshman and sophomore retreat programs;
The coordination of liturgical music for all Masses at Xavier High School
- Serves as sacristan for the school chapel;
In partnership with the Campus Ministry team, directs the summer Ad Majorem retreat to train senior retreat leaders;
In partnership with the Campus Ministry team, fosters the Catholic and Jesuit identity of the school through the promotion and creation of programming that supports the school mission
- Experience planning and executing Catholic liturgy (Mass, prayer service, reconciliation services, etc.)
Ability to coordinate liturgical music
Experience in youth and young adult retreat planning and facilitating.
- Ability to teach religion/theology in grades 9-12
Mr. Michael LiVigni, Headmaster
Xavier High School
30 West 16th Street
New York, NY 10011
Religious Studies Teacher—Saint Ignatius College Preparatory—San Francisco, CA
St. Ignatius College Preparatory is looking for a full-time Religious Studies Teacher. St. Ignatius is a Catholic, Jesuit coeducational secondary school in San Francisco, CA.
A successful candidate for this position will:
- have a Master's degree in Theology, Religious Education or related field;
- possess a lived experience of the Catholic faith tradition;
- understand Ignatian Spirituality and pedagogy;
- be prepared to make significant contributions to the larger co-curricular and Campus Ministry areas of the school community;
- have significant experience with educational technology;
- have 3+ years of previous secondary-level teaching experience;
- thrive in a collaborative, dynamic and faithful learning community.
Interested candidates should submit résumé, cover letter and references to this link.
St. Ignatius College Prep Mission Statement
St. Ignatius College Preparatory is a Catholic, Jesuit school serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1855.
Through a rigorous and integrated program of academic, spiritual, and co-curricular activities, St. Ignatius challenges its students to lead lives of faith, integrity, and compassion.
Students are enriched by a diverse and loving Christian community and are called to become life-long learners who develop their individual talents for the greater glory of God. With a commitment to intellectual excellence, leadership, service, and justice, we strive to be men and women for and with others, responding courageously to the opportunities and challenges of our time.
St. Ignatius Religious Studies Department Mission Statement
As companions of Jesus, in Religious Studies we are committed to education that:
- creates experiences where students and teachers encounter the living God through shared inquiry, discernment and prayer;
- equips us to respond to the call of Jesus, as St. Ignatius did, by becoming leaders of competence, conscience and compassion in a multicultural world with a faith that seeks justice.
Saint Francis Catholic High School—Sacramento, CA
St. Francis Catholic High School, a four year college preparatory high school for young women, in Sacramento, California, is assessing its needs for the 2015-2016 academic year and building an applicant pool.
We are accepting résumés for the following subject areas:English, Math, Theology, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education, Guidance, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Technology, and Modern/Classical Languages.
A letter of interest/cover letter
A current résumé
Application materials may be emailed to Laureen Macugay at this link.
Or sent to:
Laureen Macugay, Executive Assistant to the Principal
5900 Elvas Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95819
Faith Formation Positions
No faith formation positions are currently listed. Check back frequently for updates.
Youth Ministry / Young Adult Ministry Positions
Young Adult Ministry Coordinator – Office of Formation & Discipleship – The Archdiocese of Atlanta, GA
The Young Adult Ministry Coordinator has responsibility for resourcing, supporting, communicating, and connecting young adult ministry leaders in parishes & missions throughout the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- Collaborates with OFD Associate Director of RE and other OFD team members to provide formation, training, and ministry support for Young Adult Ministry leaders throughout the geographically, culturally, and ethnically diverse Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- Identifies and promotes effective models for ministry to young adults and pastoral juvenil, as appropriate, according to the needs of a pastor and his designated leader(s).
- Serves as a Young Adult Ministry consultant to parish and missions; collaborates with other OFD staff to provide consultant services in accordance with parish needs.
- Serves as a diocesan liaison to YA leaders/Pastoral Juvenil cultivating relationships with leaders, building and maintaining a YA/PJ leadership base.
- Regularly conducts ministry site visits and coordinates YA/PJ leader formation & training opportunities.
- Researches, reviews, and recommends YAM/PJ resources and programs.
- Plans, oversees and implements the REVIVE (Young Adult) Track of the annual Eucharistic Congress in collaboration with EC Steering Committee, Assoc. Director of RE
- Collaborates with Assistant Director of Youth and other Chancery Offices (i.e. Office of Vocations, Office of Hispanic Ministry) to assure breadth in ministry support and to generate (foster?) transitions from youth ministry to young adult ministry.
- Maintains currency on initiatives from USCCB and other relevant Church professional organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with OFD vision and goals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum six (6) years of leadership experience in diocesan or parish religious education/formation.
- Leadership experience in ministry to young adults especially ministry in multicultural settings.
- Practicing Catholic with pastoral ministry experience and working knowledge of the Catholic Faith.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Strong interpersonal and communication ability with particular emphasis on speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have strong leadership ability and personnel management skills.
- Ability to assess the needs of parish leadership
- Ability to provide leadership in a highly multicultural context with diplomacy, respect, and with the goal of providing solution-support to ministry leaders.
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and organize to meet OFD goals and deadlines.
- Ability to relate to and work with others in a cooperative manner and in a team model.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Operating knowledge of social media
- This position will involve evening and weekend work.
- Incumbent must possess a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and be able to travel regionally within Central and North Georgia
- The work week is generally 37.5 hours per week on a year round basis; however the position requires a willingness and flexibility in work hours when necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.Employee is subject to Personnel Policies and procedures prescribed for all personnel.
- The Archdiocese of Atlanta does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, military status or religion (except forcertain positions which require applicants of the Catholic faith based upon bona fide occupational qualifications).
Junior High and High School Youth Minister – Sacred Heart Saratoga, Saratoga, CA
Sacred Heart Saratoga invites well-qualified and experienced candidates to apply for a full-time position as our Junior High and High School Youth Minister.
The High School Youth Minister
- Responds to the spiritual and social needs of Catholic youth, grades 9-12.
- Junior High Ministry Coordinator
- Junior High Religious Education Coordinator
- Confirmation Coordinator
Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience working with youth; a bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred in divinity, theology, pastoral studies or related field); certification work in youth ministry studies; completion of or enrollment in the ILM program and an ongoing commitment to continuing professional education; and a theological perspective consistent with The National Catechetical Directory, "Sharing the Light of Faith," and "Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry" (USCCB, 1997).
Those interested should submit their résumés to the attention of:
Sacred Heart Saratoga
13716 Saratoga Avenue
Saratoga, CA 95070
Tel: 408-867-3634, x522
or email at this link.
Youth Ministry Leader–First Lutheran Church–Palo Alto, CA
First Lutheran Church in Palo Alto seeks a leader to engage the high school aged youth of the church, and to collaborate with their parents, the Pastor, and other church volunteers to foster faith, fellowship, and fun, both within and outside the church. The position is approximately 10 hours per week and starts September 1, 2014. For more information, please click here.
Coordinator for Lay Ministry Formation – Diocese of Sacramento – Sacramento, CAThe Diocese of Sacramento is looking for a driven, energetic, passionate bridge-builder to coordinate programs to recruit and train the next generation of lay ministry leaders for the Diocese of Sacramento. Responsibilities include working with a team coordinating formation and training programs for leaders in English and Spanish, creating a campaign to promote formation opportunities to young adults, certifying and re-certifying Catechists and Master Catechists, providing on-going training for lay leaders, and helping to vet speakers and teachers for the Diocese.
The ideal candidate will be bilingual (English/Spanish), have a least a Bachelor's Degree with five years' experience coordinating formation programs for a diverse group of ministers, and an understanding of and ability to work well with Catholics from different cultures and ideologies. A Master's Degree in Theology, Catechesis or Pastoral Ministry is preferred, but not required. Email cover letter and résumé to Kevin Staszkow, Director of Evangelization and Catechesis, Diocese of Sacramento. This is a full time position.
Social Justice Positions
No social justice positions are currently listed. Check back frequently for updates.
Liturgy Positions or Related Positions
Music Director — Saint Clare Parish in Santa Clara, CA
Saint Clare Parish in Santa Clara seeks a part-time bi-lingual (ideally) Director of Music to support our Liturgical Ministry. We are looking for someone who can play the piano and sing and is passionate about sharing their faith through music and song. That person should help us to build up a singing community by recruiting choir members and encourage the whole community to sing.
Job responsibilities include:
A) Build up choirs for English Masses
B) Advise/support choir leaders with regard to music choices and written resources
C) For all non-Sunday special liturgies (RICA/ Reconciliation /Religious Education/ Bilingual)
- Help plan music with Liturgy Director and the Pastor
- Organize and practice with the special choirs as necessary
- Prepare special worship aids as necessary
- Play for the liturgy
E) File copyright usage reports.
F) Collaborate closely with school staff.
This candidate must have knowledge of Catholic liturgical principles and practice; have good verbal and written skills in both English (and ideally in Spanish). The candidate needs to be faithful to Catholic Church teachings, to prayer and to Sunday Eucharist. This is a part-time (19 hours), non-exempt position without benefits.
To apply, email a résumé to Fr. Tad (Pastor) at St. Clare Parish in Santa Clara, California at: email@example.com(Posted 1/22/15)
Piano Accompanist Needed — St. Thomas of Canterbury Church in San José, CA
St. Thomas of Canterbury Parish in San José has an opening for a Piano Accompanist for the 9:00 a.m. Mass on Sunday mornings 2-3 times per month. Familiarity with Catholic worship and ability to read music are essential. Pay scale is according to Diocesan Guidelines and commensurate with ability.
For more information, please contact Sherry Scott, Catechetical Coordinator, at (408) 364-8840.Résumés can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax to (408) 378-1215 or mailed to the parish at 1522 McCoy Ave., San José, CA 95130.
Spirituality and Chaplaincy Positions
No chaplaincy positions are currently listed. Check back frequently for updates.
No fellowship positions are currently listed. Check back frequently for updates.
No internship positions are currently listed. Check back frequently for updates.
No volunteer positions are currently listed. Check back frequently for updates.
© 2014 Santa Clara University | Graduate Program in Pastoral Ministries
500 El Camino Real Santa Clara, California 95053-0337 | (408) 554-4831 | Fax: (408) 554-7830
Contact Us with comments about this website