- Arts & Sciences Home
- Dean's Office
- Faculty & Staff
The internship is intended to help the student gain practical experience and apply their education to real-world problems. PHS majors must devote at least 100 hours to an internship. Internships are typically with organizations outside SCU such as in public health departments, health clinics, community health agencies, or non-profit organizations.
1. Successfully complete PHSC1.
2. Identify possible internship opportunities. There are lots of ways to do this – search online, use the SCU Career Center, use personal/family/faculty connections, etc. We highly recommend joining the “SCU Public Health” group on LinkedIn, as many internship announcements are posted there!
3. Discuss options with any Public Health Science Faculty (currently: Stephens, Ruscetti, Saxton, Hauff, or Chyu) to determine whether the internship is appropriate for the PHS major.
4. Fill out the internship approval form (below) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for final approval. You will receive confirmation by email.
5. Complete the internship.
6. Have your internship supervisor email email@example.com to confirm that you completed 100 hours.
7. Complete reflection essay and turn in to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation by email.
To fulfill the PHS major requirements, the internship experience must meet the following criteria:
Santa Clara University Food & Agribusiness Institute