- Arts & Sciences Home
- Dean's Office
- Faculty & Staff
IMPORTANT ADD/DROP POLICY
THE SUMMER PROGRAM AND THE OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR DO NOT ACCEPT ADD/DROP FORMS AFTER DEADLINES.
If there are compelling reasons for an exception, please fill out the Undergraduate Student Petition - Exception to University Policy for at: SCU Office of the Registrar Forms. Petitions will be reviewed by the University Registrar and a response will be returned to the student’s SCU gmail account. Students are responsible for all costs incurred as a result of enrollment in the Summer Program at SCU and agree to abide by all Summer Session and University policies and procedures. Students are responsible for monitoring their account balances and maintain current valid e-mail address at all times in order to ensure receipt of all Summer Session correspondence in a timely manner.
Add A Class
- To add a class select the "Enroll" icon in the "Student Center" or click on the "Search" icon to search for a class that you may want to add.
- From the list of classes check the “Select Class” box for the class section that you want to enroll in.
- Verify your selection to assure that the class information: title, meeting times, instructor is the right class you want to add and click “Next” to proceed or “Cancel” to delete your selections.
- To add a la>, associated with a lecture course, you will be prompted to select or enter a lab section before selecting the “Next” icon to proceed.
- Once all courses have been added to your shopping cart, click on “Proceed to Step 2 of 3” icon. This will take you to the “Confirm Classes” page.
- After all the courses you want to enroll for have been added to your shopping cart, click on the "Proceed to Step 2 of 3 " icon. This will take you to the "Confirm Classes" page.
- If you are certain of your class selections click on the “Finish Enrolling” icon to complete the registration process.
- If your class selections were added successfully, you will see a green check mark in the “Status” column for each course.
- If there are any errors in your “Add Transaction”, you will see a red “X” in the “Status” column for that course. Be sure to read the enrollment transaction error message to see if the error is fixable. If so, click on “Fix Errors” to go back to the appropriate page.
- When you have registered for all of your classes, click on “My Class Schedule” to verify that your enrollment is accurate.
Adding a Closed Class
If a class is full, you have two options:
- Register for an alternate course that fits in with your schedule.
- Get a permission number from the instructor. To obtain permission for a class that has filled to capacity, seek the instructor’s permission prior to the start of classes or attend class on the first class meeting day. If the instructor approves your request to add, s/he will give you a unique, section-specific permission number that will override the class capacity enrollment. Use the permission number to add the class through eCampus by selecting the “Add a Class” icon on the “Student Center” page (Refer to “Add a Class” instructions).
Enter the permission number in the box on the right side of the page, and click on “Next” to proceed to “Confirm Classes”. Complete your registration by clicking on “Finish Enrolling”, then go back to “My Class Schedule” to verify.
Note that the permission number expires on the last day to add a class for the session that the course is offered. If the permission number does not work on eCampus, go to the Enrollment Services Center, Schott Administration Building, first floor, no later than the last day to add a class for the session that the course is offered, complete and submit an Add form with the permission number that the instructor provided.
Enrollment is not complete if you did not click on the “Finish Enrolling” icon prior to verifying the status of your enrollment transactions.
When you have registered for all of your classes, click on “My Class Schedule” to verify that your enrollment is accurate. Print a copy of the schedule for your records
Special Permision Courses
Some classes require special permission to enroll and may be added only with the instructor’s signature on an add form or a permission number. If you have a signed add form, the class will be added at the Enrollment Services Center, Schott Administration Building, First Floor, at any time during the registration period and no later than 5 p.m. on the last day to add a class for the session that the course is offered.
Drop a Class
Students may drop summer session classes using eCampus or by filling out a drop form at the Enrollment Services Center any time after registration and before the last day to drop or withdraw from classes for the session the course is offered. Students will not be able to drop or withdraw from classes after the session deadline dates as posted on the Summer Session Calendar.
To drop a class using eCampus, follow these steps: and select “Enroll” from the “Student Center" page.
Click on the "Drop Classes" tab at the top of the page
Check the box next to the class that you would like to drop, then select the “Drop Selected Classes” icon.
Confirm that you have selected the correct class that you want to drop and click on “Finish Dropping”.
If you have successfully dropped, there will be a green check mark in the “Status” column. If the class was not dropped successfully, there will be a red “X” in the “Status” column. Be sure to read the enrollment transaction error message to see if the error is fixable. If so, click on “Fix Errors” to go back to the appropriate page.
When you are done dropping the class, go back to “My Class Schedule” to verify that the class “Enrollment Status” is Dropped. This may be a good time to verify your entire class schedule for accuracy. Print a copy of your schedule for your records and also as proof of the dropped course.
Please check the Summer Program Calendar deadline dates for refunds and after which a "W" grade is recorded on your transcript. No exceptions will be made after the deadline.
Drop Class with a W
Check the Summer calendar for the last day to withdraw without a “W”. After this date and prior to the last day to withdraw, you will still drop on eCampus. Your transcript will include a notation of “W” in the grade column. A grade of “W” will not affect your GPA.
If you wish to drop one class and replace it with another or with a different section of the same course, navigate to "Enroll" after logging in to eCampus:
- Click on the “Swap Classes” tab at the top of the page.
- Select the class you wish to drop from the “Select from your Schedule” menu. Enter the class you wish to add in the “Enter Class Number” box.
- Follow the remaining steps to “Add a Class”, by clicking on “Next” to proceed to “Confirm Classes”. Complete your registration by clicking on “Finish Enrolling", then go back to “My Class Schedule” to verify and print your schedule.
If you swap a course with more units, you will be responsible for paying the difference when billed. If the new course has fewer units, you may qualify for a tuition refund. Please refer to the Tuition and Billing page for payment deadlines and refund periods or call the Enrollment Services Center at 408-554-1000 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.