Santa Clara University Interfaith Council
Spring Quarter 2013 Events
Mark your calendars! For more information about these events, watch this space or contact Rev. Aimee Moiso or Seher Siddiqee.
- Thursday, April 4, 2013: Annual Passover Seder, sponsored by the Jewish Student Union, Interfaith Council, and Hillel of Silicon Valley. Location and time TBA.
- Saturday, April 13, 2013: 2nd Annual Community Day of Service.
- Sunday, April 14, 2013: Global Village, sponsored by the Multicultural Center.
- Monday, April 29 - Thursday, May 2: Tunnel of Oppression and Hope, sponsored by the Center for Student Leadership and the Multicultural Center.
Thursday Interfaith Dinner Discussions
All students are welcome to join the SCU Interfaith Council for Thursday Dinner Discussions on the "odd" weeks of the quarter (1, 3, 5, etc.) at 6:00 p.m. in Campus Ministry. Dinner discussions resume for the Spring 2013 Quarter on Thursday, April 4.
Enjoy free food and learn about other traditions. Contact Seher Siddiqee
for more information, or just show up! No RSVP necessary.
Spring quarter 2013 Dinner Discussions dates and topics:
- Thursday, April 4: Our Annual Passover Seder! Join Interfaith Council and the Jewish Student Union for our annual Seder meal. Time and location TBA - watch this space! RSVP required to Rev. Aimee Moiso.
- Thursday, April 18: What is evil and what is its role in the world?
- Thursday, May 2: Discussion of the religious aspects of the Tunnel of Oppression/Hope (participants are encouraged to tour the Tunnel - which is open starting Monday, April 29 - prior to the discussion)
- Thursday, May 16: What happens when we die?
- Thursday, May 30: End of the year surprise!
Interfaith Thanksgiving Celebration
We hope you enjoyed our all-campus Interfaith Thanksgiving Celebration on Thursday, November 15, at 4:00 p.m. in the Multifaith Sanctuary in St. Joseph's Hall, including prayers from various traditions and a shared Thanksgiving feast!
Interfaith Prayer for the National Election
Campus Ministry provided an Interfaith Prayer Service on the eve of our national election, Monday, November 5, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. in the Multifaith Sanctuary in St. Joseph's Hall. This non-partisan service lifted up our leaders, our nation and our common life as we prepared for election day.
SCU Book of the Quarter Panel Discussion
Book of the Quarter: Acts of Faith by Eboo Patel
The Interfaith Youth Movement: A Panel Discussion
Monday, November 12 from 4 to 5:30
Saint Clare Room, 3rd Floor, Learning Commons
The University Library is pleased to present Acts of Faith by Eboo Patel as the Fall 2012 Book of the Quarter. Please join us for a program that will include an introduction to the work of the Interfaith Youth Core, the nonprofit founded by Eboo Patel that is building the interfaith youth movement. The program will also include a moderated panel presentation by students from the Interfaith Council at Santa Clara on what Patel's mission means to them. This event is co-sponsored by Campus Ministry and the Multicultural Center.
Faith and Spirituality Fair
In our continuing effort to promote interreligious understanding and dialogue at SCU, especially in this season of heightened global violence, Campus Ministry launched a new event this fall, a Faith and Spirituality Fair. On the afternoon of October 3, 2012 (following the Mass of the Holy Spirit), local churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and other religious or spiritual communities, including our student religious clubs, were invited to table on the Santa Clara Mall and to answer questions and share information about their faith and practice. We thank all the local religious groups who participated and we look forward to welcoming them back to campus again!
The Santa Clara Interfaith Council is dedicated to fostering understanding, cooperation and respect among people of various faiths and traditions – within the university and the greater community – through thoughtful dialogue and meaningful relationship. Read more...