- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- Campus Ministry
- Sign Up
- Get Involved
- What's Happening
- About Us
- Sacred Spaces
- Contact Us
Mission Sustainable Challenge Archives
Engage in the spirituality of sustainability. Sign up now and participate in a daily action and reflection challenge throughout the month of October. Read, act, and contemplate on your own, or attend events and reflect with friends and other campus community members.Click on the red text to see each day's full description.
Mission Sustainable Challenge
Day 24: Dirty Dozen/ Clean Fifteen
"I come into the presence of still water. And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free." -Wendell Barry, "The Peace of Wild Things"" in Green River Review, No. 1 (1968)
1) Read the Dirty Dozen/Clean Fifteen list.
2) Make at least one home-cooked meal using your new knowledge about produce, or purchase the organic/sustainable option in Benson or #3 (below).
3) Drop by The Forge for a cooking demonstration for a Food Day "Service and Celebration" event from 2-5 pm today, October 24th. The cooking demo, hosted by Charles Lewis, Assistant General Manager for the Adobe Lodge, will take place at 3 pm. Samples will be offered, as well as other light refreshments and snacks. Gardening and volunteering activities will also be taking place during this time.
- Notice how your body feels after consuming fresh, organic produce.
- Did your home-cooked meal taste different?
- Is this change some thing you can work towards everyday?
Contributed by Rose Madden (Forge Garden, Center for Sustainability), Samantha Kibbish (Center for Student Leadership) & Charles Lewis (Dining Services)
Open weekdays from 9 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Benson Center 105, 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053
(408) 554-4372 (main line)
(408) 554-4373 (fax)