The influenza (flu) vaccine is the primary method of preventing the flu and its severe complications. The flu vaccine is recommended for everyone 6 months of age and older. It is especially important for people at higher risk of severe flu and their close contacts.
The cost of vaccination is $25.00. Students may pay by cash or check or by charging their student account. Faculty and staff may pay by cash or check only.
The Student Health Center sponsors flu vaccine clinics on campus during business hours (typically in the fall quarter):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 8:30am-11:00am and 1:30pm-4:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am-11:00am and 1:30pm-4:00pm
Vaccination is especially important for people at higher risk of serious complications from the flu. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following to stay healthy:
- Get the seasonal flu vaccination when available.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw used tissues away.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizing products.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth (germs spread that way).
- If you are ill -- especially with a fever -- limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.