To register a new RSO, complete the following steps by the deadline listed in the "Registration Deadlines" section below.
Register for an Individual OrgSync Account
In order to register your student organization, you need to have an individual OrgSync account first. If you have an account already, then proceed to the next step. However, if you do not have an account yet, create your account now.
Intent to Register Form
The Intent to Register Form allows new RSOs to receive temporary and limited access to privileges in order to have resources to recruit members and raise awareness. These privileges include the ability to:
- Post flyers around campus.
- Reserve a room at the Benson Center to host an information session.
- Reserve tables at the Benson Center for 4 days (does not need to be consecutive).
Note #1: It is important to note that new RSOs that have had their Intent to Register Forms approved by the Center for Student Leadership (CSL) are still not permitted to host events until their organizations have been approved by the Associated Student Government (ASG).
Note #2: If you missed the registration deadline, then you may still submit the Intent to Register Form to receive temporary and limited access to privileges as described above.
Register a New Organization
Follow these steps to create an OrgSync profile for your new RSO:
- Log into your OrgSync account.
- Put your cursor/mouse over "Organizations" (top menu).
- Click on "Add Organization" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the green "Register New Organization" button on the top right.
- Click on "Center for Student Leadership" then click on "Submit Query" when you see the prompt "Where do you want to create this organization?"
- Follow the steps to complete the information on each of the 8 pages of the registration process.
Upload a Constitution/Bylaws
On the 3rd page of the registration process, you will need to upload your organization's constitution or bylaws. It is recommended that you draft this document first before starting the registration process so that you are ready to upload it when you get to this step.
Here is a sample constitution if you need a template to create your own.
Officer Agreement Forms
All club officers are required to complete and submit an Officer Agreement Form. Click on this website link for the Officer Agreement Form and share with all club officers.
Advisor Agreement Form
Your faculty/staff advisor is required to complete and submit an Advisor Agreement Form. Click on this website link for the Advisor Agreement Form and share with your advisor.
Two club officers are required to take and pass the Club Quiz. Officers may need to sign in with their respective SCU email login and password before taking the quiz.