- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- ECP Home
- About ECP
- Admission & Aid
Academic Program Areas
- Counseling Psychology
- Educational Leadership & Administration
Teacher Education, Preparation, & Advanced Studies
- Master of Arts in Teaching + Teaching Credential (MATTC)
- Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Education
- Preliminary Teaching Program for Catholic School Teachers
- Abbreviated Preliminary Teaching Program for Catholic and Private School Teachers
- Clear Teaching Credential
- Certificate in Alternative and Correctional Education
- Course Schedules
Current Student Services
- Career Center
- New Student Welcome
- Academic Calendar
- News & Updates
- Graduate Bulletin & Handbooks
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Course Descriptions & Schedules
- Student Forms
- Disabilities Resources
- Technology Resources
- Student Organizations
- CPSY Exit Survey
- Affiliated Programs & Alumni
- Contact Us!
Rolling Admissions Process: We currently utilize a rolling admissions process that is based on a space-available basis for each quarter. Therefore, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their applications early. You will be informed of a decision with in 3 weeks after your online application has been submitted and all supporting documentation have been received.
NOTE: Due to high enrollment in Counseling Psychology programs, we are currently running a waitlist system where all the application files are reviewed after the deadline and applicants will be informed of the decision with in 3 weeks after the quarter deadline they have applied for.
Here are some important things to note with respect to our rolling admissions process:
2015-16 Application Deadlines:
Counseling Psychology Programs:
All Education Programs:
For International Applicant deadlines, please visit our International Applicant page
NOTE: Please see the chart below for important dates for MATTC.
MATTC candidates spend an entire academic year in a clinical practice school placement. This field placement begins in August and ends in June.
In order to begin a clinical practice field placement in August 2015 and complete the preliminary multiple or single subject teaching credential requirements in June 2016, MATTC credential candidates must meet the following conditions:
1. Begin program coursework no later than July 27, 2015.
2. Secure CTC-authorized documentation of fingerprint clearance (a Certificate of Clearance, 30-Day Substitute Permit, or other CTC certification) before August 7, 2015.
3. Provide official documentation of negative results on a tuberculosis (TB) test before August 7, 2015.
MATTC credential candidates who do not meet these conditions by the specified dates will complete the MATTC program in two years. They may take two designated MATTC courses beginning in Fall Mini-Term 2015 and ending in Spring 2016. These candidates will be eligible to begin a clinical practice field placement in August 2016 and complete MATTC in June 2017.
International students for MATTC program are eligible to apply only in regular Fall and Winter quarters.
*One year MATTC program option available to complete for applicants who apply/begin during the sessions indicated. Summer Pre-Session, Summer Mini-Term and Fall Pre-Session count as a "Summer Term" for application purposes.
If you have questions about the application process, please feel free to call our Graduate Admissions and Student Services Coordinator at 408-551-3422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.