- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- ECP Home
- About ECP
Academic Program Areas
- Counseling Psychology
- Educational Leadership & Administration
Teacher Education, Preparation, & Advanced Studies
- Master of Arts in Teaching + Teaching Credential (MATTC)
- Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Education
- Preliminary Teaching Program for Catholic School Teachers
- Abbreviated Preliminary Teaching Program for Catholic and Private School Teachers
- Clear Teaching Credential
- Certificate in Alternative and Correctional Education
- Course Schedules
- Career Center
- New Student Welcome
- Academic Calendar
- News & Updates
- Graduate Bulletin & Handbooks
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Course Descriptions & Schedules
- Student Forms
- Disabilities Resources
- Technology Resources
- Student Organizations
- CPSY Exit Survey
- Affiliated Programs
- Contact Us!
Location: Loyola Hall
Room number: 120 D
Richard Alves, M.A.
Coordinator of Field Experience Single Subject, Lecturer of Directed Teaching Seminar, Field supervisor for Single Subject candidates
Rick Alves serves as the Coordinator of Field Experience Single Subject, lecturer of Directed Teaching Seminar, and field supervisor for single subject candidates.
Rick retired after 36 years in K-12 education as a teacher, counselor, assistant principal, principal, and Deputy Superintendent of Human Resources, having worked in multiple schools and districts during his career. In retirement, he has worked as a consultant to several school districts, while mentoring HR assistant superintendent.
Rick received his B.A. in English from Santa Clara, as well as master's degrees in Education, Counseling Psychology, and School Administration from Santa Clara.
Rick's hobbies include travel, golf, and growing a vineyard. His two sons are also Santa Clara graduates.