ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect -- with each other and with their favorite content. The Company's vision and expertise continue to drive the industry's innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
The ARRIS Cloud Solutions Business is a growing software business charged with developing multi-screen video delivery and service assurance products for video service providers worldwide. The CTO of the Cloud Solutions Business and is responsible for defining and deploying cutting edge multi-screen solutions in both private and public cloud environments to showcase the capabilities of our solutions. The position works closely with our product development teams to ensure that the systems are built with state-of-the-art development and deployment capabilities. This is a technical role in production/operations working closely with engineering and the right candidate will have a wealth of experience in Operations management.
The ideal candidate will bring hands on experience in development and/or deployment of cloud based software solutions combined with expertise in system integration of large and complex solution suites.
THE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITES OF THE ROLE ARE TO:
- Plan, define and develop system and network architectures best suited for cloud-based ARRIS multi-screen video delivery software suite
- Design and develop systems and processes to automate deployment of cloud-based software suite and put in place operational best practices to ensure critical systems are highly-available, secure and free from data loss.
- Manage deployments at internal and externally accessible demo systems as well as PoCs and Pilots at customer sites designed to showcase ARRIS multi-screen video solutions. Create deployment scripts that allow for rapid, painless and push-button deployment of cloud-based software suite on public and private clouds.
- Support product and tech marketing with execution of trade show demos for the Cloud Solutions Business.
- Keep up with the developments in the rapidly evolving cloud platform space, continuously experiment with new tools and solutions and incorporate suitable ones into internal product development and deployment processes.
- Transfer knowledge and know-how to product teams to help assist with the transition of software products from a traditional enterprise deployment model to cloud based deployment models.
Position has minimal domestic and international travel.
- Prior experience in a DevOps or similar role and familiarity with continuous integration and deployment models, processes and tools.
- Strong system and network administration skills and deep understanding of Linux-based systems
- Competent in one or more scripting languages (shell, python, perl) and familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Cobbler etc.
- Knowledgeable about networking (L2, L3) and familiarity with configuring and managing networking gear used in data centers.
- Experience resolving complex storage, network and system integration issues.
- Experience administering and managing a variety of persistent storage (SQL and NoSQL) and messaging systems (RabbitMQ) and ensuring high availability.
- Thorough understanding of virtualization technologies and hypervisors such as ESXi, KVM/libvirt, Xen etc.
- Data center administration experience and familiarity VM management and Cloud management software systems such as vSphere, vCloud and OpenStack is highly desirable.
- "Hands on" experience with enterprise software products in a Java / Linux environment
- Knowledge of QAM or IP video technology is a plus.
BS in Engineering or Computer Science and 7+ years of experience
If you meet these requirements, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers