Santa Clara University


Financial Aid

In general, Santa Clara University and the School of Engineering do not provide financial aid for graduate students. However, a few unique opportunities are available as listed below.

Teaching Assistantships

The Electrical Engineering Department is accepting applications for teaching assistants for the 2012-2013 academic year. Applications are considered until all positions are filled.

Teaching Assistant Responsibilities:
TA assignments include supervision of undergraduate laboratory sections, conducting problem sessions, assisting undergraduate students, and grading lab reports, quizzes, homework, and exams for the course.

New or continuing graduate students who are in good academic standing are eligible for teaching assistantships. For new students, please indicate the quarter in which you are applying for admission or admitted to enroll.

Payment of TA:
Awards include a stipend and tuition remission (depending on how many lab sections are assigned); work assignments average up to 20 hours per week.

Interested applicant should fill out the on-line TA application and attach a current resume with a cover letter to Chair, Electrical Engineering Department, Santa Clara University.

Research Assistantships

Appointments are made at various times for a period of one or more terms by the faculty that hold the respective research grants. Awards may include a stipend and/or tuition; work assignments vary with appointment, but never exceed 20 hours per week. Preference is usually given to students already known to the faculty member through their course work. Review the list of full-time faculty to identify the faculty member whose research interests most closely match those of your own. Contact that faculty member directly for further information.

Graduate Co-Op

Full-time assignments in industry alternate with terms of study; other assignments may be performed on a part-time basis while enrolled in classes. Selection limited to students who have completed 12 units with a grade point average of 3.0 or better; foreign students must have completed one-year of U.S. residency prior to beginning a Co-op. For further information, contact the Career Services Office at (408) 554-4421.

Additional information on other forms of financial aid, including fellowships, loans, work-study jobs, and veteran's assistance is provided in the graduate bulletin or from the University Financial Aid Office at (408) 554-4505.

Printer-friendly format