||Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
||Ph.D. Stanford University, 1994
M.S. Stanford University, 1987
A.B. Bryn Mawr College, 1979
||Wireless communications, Digital communications
Sarah Kate Wilson worked in industry from 1979 to 1989, first as a Programmer/Analyst and then as a Research Engineer. From 1994 to 1999, she was an Asst. Professor of Electrical Engineering at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, and then at Luleå University of Technology (LTU) in Luleå, Sweden. In August 2000, she was awarded the title Docent in Signal processing. She returned to industry in Silicon Valley as a communications engineer, working for Agilent and ArrayComm. She returned to Sweden as a guest researcher at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm from 2003-2004. She served as the Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Communications Letters from 2009-2011, and has been an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Transactions on Communications and the Journal of Communications and Networks. She was the IEEE Communications Society Director of Journals for the term 2012-2013 and is the Vice-President-Elect for Publications for the IEEE Communications Society for the term 2014-2015.
Current Research Interests
Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM), Optical Wireless OFDM, Scheduling in Multiuser Packet Networks.
- G. Lim, S.K. Wilson, L.J. Cimini, Jr. and D.P. Taylor, "On Higher Order Modulations for OFDM in Frequency Selective Fading Channels, IEEE Communications Letters, April 2013, pp. 641-644.
- D.J. F. Barros, S.K. Wilson and J.M. Kahn, "Comparison of Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing and Pulse-Amplitude Modulation in Indoor Wireless Optical Links," IEEE Transactions on Communications, January 2012, pp. 153-163.
- K. Acolatse, Y. Bar-Ness and S.K. Wilson, "Novel techniques of single-carrier frequency-domain equalization for optical wireless communications," EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, January 2011.
- S.K. Wilson and J. Armstrong "Transmitter and Receiver Methods for Improving Asymmetrically-Clipped Optical OFDM,"IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, September 2009.
- P. Svedman, S.K. Wilson, L.J. Cimini, Jr. and B. Ottersten, “Opportunistic Beamforming and Scheduling for OFDMA Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, Volume 55, Issue 5, May 2007 pp. 941 – 952.
- K-K. Sayana, S.B. Gelfand, S.K. Wilson, , “Design and analysis of coded multiplexing for the multiuser OFDM downlink,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. Volume 5, Issue 9, September 2006 pp.2426 – 2434.
- P. Svedman, , L.J. Cimini, Jr., M. Bengtsson, S.K. Wilson and B. Ottersten, “Exploiting Temporal Channel Correlation in Opportunistic SD-OFDMA” ICC 06.
- S.K. Wilson, P. Svedman and L.J. Cimini, Jr. “A Pruning Scheduler for Multi-user Clustered OFDM Systems”, VTC Fall 04.
- P. Svedman, S.K. Wilson and B. Ottersten, “A QoS Aware Proportional Fair Scheduler for Opportunistic OFDM”, VTC Fall 04.
- IEEE Fellow, 2014
- David Packard Fellow, Santa Clara University.
- Prize from the Royal Institute of Technology for promoting gender equity, December 2003. Organized a women-in-engineering program for the Signals, Sensors and Systems Institution at the Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.
- Ruth and Joel Spira teaching award from the Purdue School of Electrical and Computer Engineering for undergraduate and graduate teaching, 1996.
- Stanford University Electrical Engineering Department Service Award for organizing the Wireless Data Workshop and for teaching Digital Communications, 1993.
ELEN 50: Electric Circuits I
ELEN 110: Linear Systems
ELEN 141: Communication Systems
ELEN 243: Digital Communication Systems
ELEN 446: Wireless Communication Systems
ELEN 447: Wireless Network Architecture