||Chair and Professor of Electrical Engineering
||Ph.D., Stanford University, 1978
M.S., Stanford University, 1975
B.S., Columbia University, 1969
||Digital image, Signal processing and visualization
Current Research Interests
Image and signal processing; image reconstruction from projection measurements; three dimensional and stereo graphics and visualization; adaptive signal processing; visualization for engineering education.
- Qu, Gongyuan, S.L. Wood, Cho The, "Wafer Defect Detection Using Directional Morphological Gradient Techniques", EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing 2002:7, pp686-703, 2002.
- Wood, S., "A Concept Oriented Freshman Introductory Course Utilizing Multimedia Presentations and Group Laboratory Experience," Proceedings of the 1998 Frontiers in Education Conference, IEEE Press, Nov. 1998.
- Wood, Sally L., "A New Approach to Interactive Tutorial Software for Engineering Education", IEEE Trans. on Education, Vol. 39, No. 3, 1996, pp. 399-408.
- Hsieh, L. and S. L. Wood, "Total Harmonic Distortion Measurement Using the Simplified Volterra Series with the LMS Adaptive Algorithm", IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, 1994.
- Wood, Sally L., "Introduction of Programmable Gate Arrays into an Introductory Logic Design Course", Proc. Frontiers in Education 24th Annual Conf., pp388-392, San Jose, California, Nov. 2-6, 1994.
- Santa Clara University Researcher of the Year Award, 1995
- Santa Clara University President's Special Recognition Award, 1994
- NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award, 1984
- Paper Award from Radiological Society of North America meeting, 1983