National Society of Black Engineers
The NSBE Mission
The Santa Clara chapter of NSBE's mission is to "increase the number of culturally responsible Black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community."
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines
- Strive to increase the number of minority students studying engineering at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields and to obtain professional engineering registrations
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for Blacks and other minorities in that profession
- Access to 20+ companies at regional conferences and over 300 at National Convention career fair
- Academic support is provided via tutoring and academic achievement programs
- Free KAPLAN test preparation available at conferences (up to $1,400 value).
- Leadership Development: As a member, you will receive exceptional training at regional conferences, the National Convention, and through your local chapter. You also have the opportunity to serve on a Regional and/or National Executive Board.
- Post your resume free of charge to top engineering companies with NSBE Online (NOL). On NOL, you will have the opportunity to search for internships, co-ops, and full-time job opportunities.
- Apply for various scholarships and grants. Scholarships are awarded every year to deserving undergraduate students, many of which do not even require a GPA.
- Meet thousands of other students and technical professionals in your field of study.
- Give back to the community through NSBE's T.O.R.C.H and mentor programs.
- NSBE members receive discounts to the National Convention and Regional conferences; the largest student-planned conferences in the world. Technical training and unparalleled networking opportunities are available at these conferences as you meet people from all over the world.
Events, Activities & Educational Outreach
- National Society of Black Engineers Annual Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (March 28 - April 1)
- Regional conferences
- General meetings
President: Joseph Oloju
Faculty Advisor: Tokunbo Ogunfunmi
Organization Contact Email: email@example.com