General Biotechnology Ethics
- Neuroethics: The Neuroscience Revolution, Ethics, and the Law
- When science expands our understanding of something so central to human existence, these advances will necessarily cause changes in both our society and its laws. This paper seeks to forecast and explore the social and legal changes that neuroscience might bring in four areas: prediction, litigation, confidentiality and privacy, and patents.
- Framework for Thinking Ethically About Human Biotechnology
- The Markkula Center for Applied Ethics Framework is applied to issues in biotech.
Margaret R. McLean
- Transhumanism, Ethics, and the Internet
- Report on the Transhuman Visions conference, focusing on the ethics of extending and enhancing human life.
- A Call to Moral Theologians: Biotech Needs More Attention
- Essay on a talk by William Hurlbut, former member of the President's Council on Bioethics, sponsored by the Ethics Center
- Perspectives on Cognitive Enhancement
- Hank Greely, professor of law at Stanford University, and the Emerging Issues Group at the Ethics Center look at the ethics of taking brain-boosting drugs.