- IPS Stem Cells: New Ethical Quandaries
- Induced pluripotent stem cells raise questions about cloning, privacy, and informed consent
- Stem Cells, Moral Status, and California Proposition 71
- Gerald D. Coleman, SS, professor of moral theology at St. Patrick's Seminary, and Lawrence Nelson, Santa Clara University lecturer in philosophy discussed stem cells, moral status, and California Proposition 71, exploring the controversy over the ethical implications of stem cell research.
Margaret McLean, Gerald D. Coleman, SS, Lawrence
- Brief Case for the Moral Permissibility of Stem Cell Research
- The central questions regarding the ethics of stem cell research are 2 in number: One, do embryos have any moral status, entities that deserve moral respect and are owed some duty? Two, if embryos have some moral status, what kind, or degree, of respect are they entitled to and what particular duties are they owed by moral agents?
Lawrence J. Nelson
- Notes on Proposition 71
- Notes on California Proposition 71, "The Embryo Cloning and Stem Research Bond Act," offering a moral compass to guide us through these concerns.
Gerald D. Coleman, S.S.
- Stem Cells in the Treatment of Diabetes: Therapeutic Potential and Ethical Considerations
- Red Light, Green Light: The California Cloning and Stem Cell Laws
- A report on California laws responding to the State's Advsiory Committee on Human Cloning.
Margaret R. McLean
- Respecting What We Destroy
- A framework for looking at the moral standing of stem cells.
Michael J. Meyer and Lawrence J. Nelson
- Double or Nothing
- A discussion of cloning from scientific, ethical, and religious perspectives.
Robins K. Sterns
- This paper discusses the significant ethical and moral questions intertwined in this "scientific" achievement of cloning by speaking with SCU campus experts in biology, medicine, religious studies, patent law, engineering, technology, agriculture, and ethics.
Robin K. Sterns
- Cloning: Just Because We Can, Should We?
- "If we can, we will" is a dangerous motto for medicine.
- California Cloning: The Ethics of Human Cloning and Stem Cell Research
- Report on a Center conference on the state regulation of cloning.