Corporate Social Responsibility
- Mobile Technology and Social Media - Ethical Implications
- In emerging markets in particular, mobile devices and social media have become ?life tools??used for telemedicine, banking, education, communication, and more. These developments give rise to new ethical challenges.
- Protecting Privacy and Society
- Consumer and business data is increasingly moving to the "cloud," and people are clamoring for protection of that data. However, "maximum privacy" is really anonymity, and some people use it as a shield for illegal and unethical behavior. How should cloud service providers deal with this dilemma?
- Corporate Ethics, Governance and Social Responsibility
- A study comparing European business practices to those in the United States conducted for the Business and Organizational Ethics Partnership
Nathan E. Hurst
- Corporate Moral Responsibility and the Ethics of Product Usage
- SCU Dirksen Professor in Ethics Manuel Velasquez discusses expanding notions of corporate responsibility for personal injury.
- Toward Stronger Ethics in Government Relations
- The senior counselor to the chairman at Hill & Knowlton discusses lobbying.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill: An Analysis of Ethics, Deepsea Drilling, and Risk
- A Silicon Valley Engineer and SCU graduate student looks at the implications of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Ethics and Lobbying in Washington and at the State Level
- The vice president for government affairs at Applied Materials outlines an agenda for ethical and effective lobbying.
- Safety, Corporate Responsibility, and the Oil Spill
- Lessons from the oil spill on managing corporate behavior
Kirk O. Hanson
- Consumer Rights and Corporate Responsibility
- Issues in protecting consumer rights in China were the focus of this international business ethics conference.
- Business Ethics in a Global World: An Introduction to the Issues
- CEO of Business for Social Responsibility Aron Cramer offers perspectives on how Chinese and Indian companies apply business ethics.
- 2006-07 Business Ethics Outlook Press Briefing
- Transcript of a press briefing about five critical ethical issues facing American businesses.
Jerry, Robert Finocchio, Kirk O. Hanson
- Business Ethics Outlook 2006-07
- Five crucial ethical issues on the agenda for American businesses.
- New Strategies for Corporate Responsibility
- A candid analysis of the potential and limitations of the corporate responsibility movement by U.C. Berkeley Professor David
- Social Evaluation: The Body Shop International 1995 (PDF)
- The report presents the results of an independent evaluation of the social practices, performance and impact of The Body Shop International.
Kirk O. Hanson
- From Synchilla to School Support
- Outdoor clothing manufacturer Patagonia is recognized for corporate responsibility.
- Winery With a Mission
- Fetzer Vineyards exhibits attention to sustainability and workers' quality of life.
- The Sole Remaining Supplier
- What are the ethical questions involved when a company is the only supplier of a high-risk, life-saving product?
- The Case of the Plant Relocation
- Your company can make more money for shareholders by relocating plants to a country with low costs and fewer regulations.