- Ethics of Migration and Immigration
- A briefing paper on key questions for policy makers
Lynette M. Parker
- Ethics of Immigration
- Columnist Victor Davis Hanson discusses who benefits from illegal immigration, why the issue is so polarizing, and possible solutions.
- Architects of Peace
- Online Curriculum on peacemaking features photographs by Michael Collopy of Nobel Laureates and other peacemakers, as well as reflections by the peacemakers, and teaching suggestions
- Immigration: Is Exclusion Just?
- Ethics and illegal immigration.
- Is Exclusion Just: Martin Cook Replies
- A reply to Manuel Velasquez's article on illegal immigration.
- In Search of a Global Ethic
- Corporations can bring forward norms of ethical behavior across cultures.
Ann Skeet and Patrick Coutermarsh
- Mobile Technology and Social Media - Ethical Implications
- In emerging markets in particular, mobile devices and social media have become "life tools" used for telemedicine, banking, education, communication, and more. These developments give rise to new ethical challenges.
- More Than I Could Ever Describe: Gender, Culture, India
- An SCU student spends a year living in an orphanage in India
- On Ethics and Immigration
- Arizona Governor looks at ethical issues in developing policy on illegal immigration.
- Politicization of Ethnic Identities and the Common Good in Kenya
- A talk delivered for the panel "Kenya, the Common Good, and the Politicization of Ethnic Identities"
Aquiline Tarimo, S.J.
- To Cover or Not to Cover: Headscarves and Human Rights
- Do women have the right to express their own religious views by choosing either to wear or not to wear a headscarf?
- Immigration Policy and Principles of Humanity
- Bill Ong Hing analyzes why immigrants come to the United States and ways to integrate immigrants.
- Economic Empowerment of Women
- A look at the factors affecting women's economic situation worldwide, the benefits of empowerment, and strategies for achieving it.
- Evolution of Human Rights Norms and Machinery
- Bertrand G. Ramcharan, former United Nations High Commissioner, offers his perspectives on the evolution of human rights norms and machinery.
Bertrand G. Ramcharan
- Humanitarian Interventions: Asking the Right Questions
- What justifies humanitarian intervention?
- Salvadoran Migration: The Business of Crossing the Border
- An SCU student looks at why people leave El Salvador.
- Role of Religion in Global Ethical Leadership
- Religious leaders can serve as primary ethical brokers for their societies; that is, individuals, groups of individuals, organizations, or coalitions of organizations which are recognized by the majority of a society to be articulating the primary ethical concerns of that society.
- Difficulties of Being a Moral Leader in an Unjust World
- A real moral leader will hold us to an agenda that demands ridding the world of all important injustices, particularly those from which we benefit.
- Racial Profiling in an Age of Terrorism
- Chief Deputy Attorney General of California Peter Siggins discusses the ethical and legal aspects of profiling in the context of national security concerns.
- When Cultural Values Clash with Universal Rights: Is Multiculturalsim Bad for Women?
- Cultural norms around marriage, divorce, and privacy may conflict with women's human rights.
Susan Moller Okin
- Extra Mile
- Hospitality in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
Miriam Schulman and Amal Barkouki-Winter
- Neighbor to the Assassin: Transitional Justice in Guatemala
- Varying approaches to moving from civil war to civil society in Guatemala.
- When Rights and Cultures Collide
- The case of a woman seeking refuge in the United States from her tribe's ritual of female genital mutilation raises the question: Are human rights universal?
- Higher Authority
- Conflicts between ethics and law are explored in the context of illegal immigration.
- Global Distribution of AIDS Pharmaceuticals
- Ethical issues in the distribution of AIDS drugs, especially in the developing world.
- Killing in the Name of God: The Problem of Holy War
- A look at war in the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim traditions.
- Ethical Issues in Counterterrorism Warfare
- Applying just war theory to the war against terrorism.