- A Failure of Research Ethics
- Retraction of gay marriage canvasser study raises questions about the pressure to publish
- Digital Journalism Ethics: Juggling Live Video and Trust
- Stringwire allows news organizations to gauge the trustworthiness of video sources
- Digital Journalism Ethics: Citations and Links
- How academic publishing uses peer review, citations, and a robust retraction and correction system to inspire trust
- Digital Journalism Ethics: What Social Verification Teaches About Trust
- Storyful vets the most compelling content on platforms like YouTube and Twitter for use by news organizations
- Digital Journalism Ethics: Truth-telling, Engagement, and Impact
- The work of the Center for Investigative reporting provides a model for the social responsibilities of journalists
- Digital Journalism Ethics: Don't Be a Pusher
- How journalists can engage readers by playing the role of convener
- Digital Journalism: Getting the Facts Straight
- A discussion of Mother Jones magazine's database for tracking mass shootings
- Digital Journalism Ethics: Mind the Gap
- When the expectations of readers are violated, trust can be lost.
- Digital Journalism Ethics: How a Non-news Site Cultivates Trust
- Getting the facts right and spelling out sources are key to establishing trust in online media
- Digital Journalism Ethics: Experiments in Values and Trustworthiness
- For a media organization, trust is a relationship with the community.
- Data Journalism Ethics
- Proceedings from a panel at the Investigative Reporters and Editors 2014 conference
- Should Journalists Advocate Critical Thinking and News Literacy?
- Executive Director of Wikimedia Foundation argues that new media do a better job than old of protecting journalistic values such as accuracy, objectivity, and depth
- Unavoidable Ethical Dilemmas for Digital Journalists
- Challenges for online media in the areas of newsgathering, accountability, transparency, metrics, and inclusion
- Digital Journalism Ethics
- Materials on the role of media in the public square, media literacy, diversity, accuracy, and other topics in digital journalism
- Digital Journalism Ethics: Building Trustworthiness and Authenticity Into Design
- The importance of design in signaling that a news item is trustworthy
- Digital Journalism Ethics Resources for Newsrooms and Classrooms
- Videos, articles, and questions about online journalism ethics for use by teachers and trainers
- Ethics Tips for Data Journalists
- Suggestions for integrity-checking data journalism
- Who Can Deliver the Journalism We Need in the Digital Public Square?
- A historical review of media independence and the impact of digital technology on journalism
- The Future of Digital Journalism in the Public Square
- The head of Google News looks at how the openness of new media present opportunities for a better informed public
- Cultivating Diversity Across Race, Class, Gender, Generation, and Geography
- Media diversity must include race, class, gender, generation, and geography.
- Curating and Promoting News Important to Civil Society
- The director of Editorial Operations at Yahoo! explores what readers want to know and what they need to know
- Can Technical Solutions Protect Free and Informed Debate in the Public Square?
- The chief knowledge officer of the MIT Media Lab demonstrates projects addressing media literacy, crowd-sourced and database journalism.
- The Disconnect: Accountability and Consequences Online
- A discussion of the breakdown among responsibility, accountability, and consequences in the online world, as demonstrated by some digital media coverage.
- The Need for Accuracy Online
- There's a gap between what Internet users expect to receive (i.e. factual and accurate information) and what they too often get instead. Is it the user's responsibility to judge which sources to access on the Web? Do the publishers have a duty to strive to be accurate?
- Present and Future of Social Networking
- A panel exploring the ethical and social implications of social networking technology.
John Squires, Kaitlin Thompson, Shannon Vallor, Ma
- Why News Media Must Embrace Online Rules
- Online news outlets face ethical challenges when they invite public commentary