Santa Clara University

Study Abroad Students

In order for any type of financial aid to be applied to your study abroad program, you must participate in a Santa Clara University program or an approved affiliate program. For more information regarding study abroad programs, contact the Study Abroad Office at (408) 554-6940.

Students who study aboard can use federal and state aid, with the exception of Federal Work Study, to pay for their program. Santa Clara University grants and scholarships may be utilized for study abroad expenses (including a direct-exchange program). Students with private scholarships should contact the donor for prior approval.

The type of study abroad program that you select will often affect your financial aid package. The Financial Aid Office will disburse financial aid according to Santa Clara University's disbursement schedule. Study abroad programs that are semester or trimester terms aid will be affected according this disbursement structure. Therefore, it is very important to meet with a financial aid advisor before studying abroad, so that you are aware of the financial impact of your study abroad decision.

When re-applying for financial aid, you should plan to apply for financial aid as early as possible.

Steps to apply for financial aid

1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Santa Clara University's federal school code is 001326.

2. California Residents: If you are not currently receiving a Cal Grant, complete and submit a Cal Grant GPA Verification Form to be considered for a Cal Grant. The deadline is March 2. If you are currently receiving a Cal Grant, you do not need to submit a GPA Verification Form. Your FAFSA will be used to renew your Cal Grant if you are eligible.

Printer-friendly format
Translate icon Translate