- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
Undergraduate Parking Information
Parking permits are REQUIRED for all vehicles on University property.
All students who reside within on-campus housing and who wish to apply for a parking permit will need to complete a Pre-Arrival Permit Request Form prior to their arrival on-campus! The on-line Pre-Arrival Resident Permit Request Form is now available but please note the following:
Request process closes at 11:59PM on September 11, 2013! All requests must be submitted by this time!
PERMIT REQUEST RULES
- All entries must be submitted by midnight on September 11, 2013.
- Only one request per vehicle or person will be accepted.
- Permits may may not be sold or transferred. Applications by persons on behalf of students ineligible to be issued a permit shall be invalidated.
- Applicants will be notified by email, and must purchase their permit on-line by 11:59PM on September 20, 2013 via eCampus. If you do not purchase your permit by this time/date, your priority placement, which is based on when you completed the Pre-Arrival Permit Request Form, will be lost!
- No refunds after thirty days from date of purchase.
- Residential parking lots will resume enforcement beginning September 30, 2013 at 6:00AM.
- Preference will be given to persons purchasing full-year permits.
- Campisi, Sanfilippo, Casa Italiana, Nobili, Graham, McLauglin, Walsh and University Villas spaces are first come, first served.
- Sobrato Lot assignments may be based upon the size of the vehicle. Your assigned space must correspond to your permit number in the Sobrato garage
For additional information, consult the Parking Rules
IMPORTANT: Please note Freshmen students at Santa Clara University who live in a campus residence hall are not permitted to bring cars on to campus for their Fall through Spring quarters. We strongly discourage Freshmen from bringing their cars and attempting to park along city streets; this only serves to increase traffic flow problems in the neighborhood and will intrude on surrounding residents and neighbors.
Exceptions to the Policy
Students who transfer from another college or university and have completed a full school year are allowed to buy parking permits. Freshmen who can provide adequate evidence they would face hardship without an on-campus parking permit are able to apply for a permit by filling out a waiver. Please contact Transportation Services for additional information.
ATTENTION: University Villas Residents
There is a 2:1 ratio of University Villas residents versus the number of actual parking spaces; in other words, there are twice as many residents who reside at University Villas than there are parking spaces. Complete the Pre-Arrival Resident Permit Request Form as soon as possible to increase your chances of receiving a University Villas parking lot permit. The allocation & availability of spaces will be on a first come, first served basis. University Villas parking permits will cost $200 per year. Those University Villas residents who are unable to purchase the University Villas parking permit, will be eligible to purchase a permit for the south Schott Stadium parking lot which costs $175 per year.
On September 15 the parking lot gates will be opened and will remain open (no permit required) through September 30, 2013 at 6:00AM. Parking gate remotes will be distributed by the University Villas residence life staff only to those residents who provide proof of purchase of a University Villas permit.For a list of permit fees, please visit the Transportation Services website!