Santa Clara University

Housing Office

FAQ - Building Maintenance


Q. I live in a residence hall – who do I contact to obtain maintenance or repair services?

All service requests for repairs or maintenance in residence halls should be submitted online via ecampus.  Click here for instructions.

Q. Who do I call when there is a maintenance emergency?

During office hours (Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ) please call Housing at 408-554-4900. After 5:00 pm or on weekends notify your Community Facilitator on Duty.

Q. Who cleans my building and how often is it scheduled?

The University has a janitorial contract with Able Building Maintenance. Custodial staff is assigned to each residence hall on campus. Residence halls are cleaned during the day 7 days a week. Common areas only are cleaned in these buildings.

Q. Who replaces burned out lights?

If you have a bulb that needs to be replaced, please submit a maintenance request online through Ecampus. Click here for instructions. If you are completely in the dark, please call the Housing Office during business hours or notify your CF on duty.

Q. Who do I call about pest control?

If you are experiencing an infestation of insects/pests, please notify your Resident Director as soon as possible. We have a contracted pest control expert on call and service will be scheduled as soon as the maintenance request is received.

Q. How do I get the status of a service request?

If you have a question about the status of your maintenance request, please feel free to email Please make sure to include your building and room number in the request.

Q. I lost my keys. What do I do?

If you have lost your keys, come to the Housing Office to submit a lock change request. A fee is assessed through your student account for lost keys. A temporary key will be issued to you until your lock is changed. For problems relating to card key access, contact the Housing Office to verify your privileges. If the card is damaged, you will need to stop by the Access card office to retrieve a new card. If it is the card reader that is not working, contact Housing to submit a service request.

Q. If I have concerns with the custodial service being provided in my area, what can I do?

Notify your CF or RD.

Q. Who do I contact with questions regarding Transportation & Parking?

Questions about Transportation & Parking should be directed to Campus Safety.

Q. Who do I contact if I am locked out?

Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, visit the Housing Office to borrow a loaner key.  Any other day or time contact Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441.