- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
Santa Clara University is committed to providing the best user experience for individuals applying to our open job postings.As part of this commitment, we are rolling out a new Online Recruitment System, where you will be able to better research open jobs and apply to them online.The new system will be available on or about March 24, 2014.
If you have already submitted an application to an open job posting, your application will remain active until the position is filled.After March 24, 2014, if you would like to apply to another job posting or multiple postings, you may do so using the Online Recruitment System.Here, you will create an account.Please note that, by creating an account and filling out your first application on the Online Recruitment System, your personal and professional information will be stored for future applications.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to bring your profile current.Should you have any questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources, Santa Clara University, at 408-554-4392 or send your questions to Department of Human Resources.
Senior PeopleSoft HR Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Requisition Number (please reference): 1001362
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California's Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master's, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all master's universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is California's oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
Provide software programming and analysis support for computer based applications for the University Human Resources department. Provide leadership for projects and software implementations.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities (major functions, each accounting for 20% or more of the position)
- Work with department staff and managers to coordinate and plan activities
- Provide support for PeopleSoft applications
- Test and document all work per procedures
- Provide project leadership and mentor junior staff
II. Specific Responsibilities (representative examples of tasks or projects related to the essential duties listed above):
- Work with HR and IT department staff and managers to coordinate and plan activities
1. Develop and execute specifications and work plans for technical activities with department managers and/or staff
2. Analyze needs and solutions for enhancements to software
3. Coordinate technical activities with HR and IT
- Provide support for PeopleSoft Applications
1. Use PeopleTools to create and/or modify delivered and/or custom records, pages, component interface, application engine, PeopleCode, workflow, etc. including performance tuning.
2. Develop/modify SQR and XML Publisher reports.
3. Provide support for scheduled batch and 3rd party interface processing jobs
4. Research, debug and report application related issues to Oracle.
5. Provide support for PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleTools upgrades
6. Work with HR department staff to develop and implement new or modified applications
7. Develop internal specifications for assignment to other programming staff
8. Assist departments with queries, security and other PeopleSoft related tasks
- Test and document all work.
1. Work with IT and department staff to create and execute test plans
2. Document work using Word, Excel, PeopleTools or other means
3. Participate in the development of department standards and procedures
- Provide project leadership and mentor junior staff.
1. Work with management and staff to provide planning, make assignments, monitor progress, and review work for projects or ongoing maintenance.
2. Participate in or lead pilot projects for new technology or functionality.
3. Provide informal technical training and support to other staff.
III. Other Duties
A. Provide second level support for Help Desk, Field Support and Operations staff
1. Work with IT staff to resolve application related problems
2. Write "job aids" to assist other staff in resolving problems
B. Provide support for non-PeopleSoft University applications as needed
1. Provide downloads and interfaces to/from PeopleSoft applications
2. Create or maintain applications on various platforms
C. Attend planning, technical review, and staff meetings
D. Assist other staff members in completing their tasks or projects
E. Attend technical training sessions and work in-house to acquire new skills
1. Advanced knowledge of SQL, relational database, and a programming language.
2. 2 years of project leadership.
3. 4 years experience developing applications in a PeopleSoft environment.
4. 6 years experience in application development.
5. Knowledge of HR applications.
6. Have a fundamental understanding of PeopleSoft architecture including application servers, web servers, process schedulers, security, etc.
7. BA degree.
8. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Unix/Linux.
1. Must have excellent oral and written language skills.
2. Must have the ability to work and lead in a team environment.
3. Must have the ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
4. Must have the ability to acquire and apply new skills quickly.
5. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
Job Application Process
View All Staff Opportunities
View All Faculty Opportunities
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.