How to Register for Courses at JST and all GTU Institutions: Log On to JST-SCU's WebAdvisor Web Access
Before you register for courses, you must browse for courses, attend your academic advising appointment, and email professors to receive limited course PIN codes if necessary. Links to assist you in these steps are available below, and detailed registration instructions are available on this page.
Browse Course Offerings
Before you register for classes, you will want to browse the courses offered at JST and other GTU institutions in the given semester. Browse for courses using the Searchable Course Schedule.
Students must contact their Academic Advisor, who must remove the Advisor Block before the system will allow the student to register.
Limited Course PIN Codes
Students must write to instructors of restricted courses to obtain PIN codes from them before they will be allowed to register for those courses.
Have you completed these steps, but are still having trouble registering? Here are some answers to common WebAdvisor login problems:
WebAdvisor users who forget their passwords can request a password reset on the WebAdvisor login page. How to request a password reset:
- Begin by going to the JST-SCU WebAdvisor page which will take you to the WebAdvisor login page.
- On the login page, note that there are two places where you can request a password reset: In the second paragraph under "Welcome Guest!" (the blue "Reset my password") and near the bottom of the screen at "What's My Password?" which is located just above the words "CONTACT US".
- If you created a hint which might help you remember your password, use the "What's My Password?" link.
- Otherwise, click on "Reset my password".
- On the next screen, you will type in your Last name and EITHER your social security number OR your GTU I.D. number, which is the seven-digit number on your GTU library card.
- Click submit and confirm your email address, which is whichever address is contained in the computer system. Once you have confirmed the email address, the system will generate a new, temporary password and email it to you.
Fall 2014 General Registration Dates
- August 18-29: General Registration
- Friday, August 29: Deadline for General Registration without late fee
- Tuesday, September 2: Instruction Begins
- September 2-12: Late Registration Period ($100.00 late registration fee charged)
- Friday, September 12: Deadline for Late Registration (website closed at 12:00 midnight)
- Friday, September 12: Deadline for online changes, and changes with no fee
- After September 12: Changes must be made on paper forms, given to JST Associate Dean, and each change will have a $50.00 charge per change