S.T.B. applicants must apply for and be accepted for the Master of Divinity program. The S.T.B. degree program is closely aligned to the Master of Divinity degree program.
S.T.B. Application Checklist
Please note: This application checklist includes the requirements for the M.Div. application process. The S.T.B. applicant should fill out the M.Div. application and indicate on the application the intention to pursue the Bachelor of Sacred Theology.
- Completed & signed application for admission. You may apply to JST-SCU online by completing our Application for Admission through CollegeNet or by downloading our application form, printing, completing, signing and returning it to JST-SCU with supporting documents.
- Non-refundable application fee of $50.00 paid in U.S. dollars. (Domestic students only). * fee waived for international applicants
- Statement of purpose. Explain why you are applying to JST-SCU for graduate theological studies. Describe your background (academic training, ministerial experience, your current work) and your future career plans. If you have an intended field of concentration, please include this information.
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary academic work.
- Two letters of recommendation. They must address your academic qualifications for graduate level study. Preferably these letters would be from persons who recently taught you. If you have been out of school for an extended period of time, one recommendation from an employer, a professional colleague, or a church or community leader will be acceptable.
- Scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the last five years. With the approval of the Admissions Committee, exceptions for the GRE can be made for those applicants who have done recent graduate-level study. For information about the GRE, contact: Educational Testing Service (ETS) Corporate Headquarters, Rosedale Road, Princeton, NJ 08541, USA. Phone 1.609.921.9000 or visit the GRE web site. The JST-SCU institutional code for the GRE is 4367. Official scores should be sent directly to JST-SCU Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management from Educational Testing Service.
- Resume. STB applicants are required to submit a resume or curriculum vitae to provide information about relevant job experience and education. Your resume should include educational background, relevant experiences, including jobs, internships, community service, activities, languages (if applicable), and research projects. Writing a resume for a graduate school application follows the same principles as writing a resume for a job. Please include dates of attendance for education, job titles and years of employment.
- Philosophy and Latin Requirement Documentation. Provide documentary evidence of having fulfilled the philosophy and Latin language requirements.