Th.M. Application Checklist
The Jesuit School welcomes the application of all qualified persons who wish to pursue the Master of Theology program.
- Completed & Signed Application for Admission. You may apply to JST-SCU online by completing our Application for Admission through CollegeNet or by downloading our application form, printing, completing, signing and returning it to JST-SCU with supporting documents.
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $50.00 paid in U.S. dollars. (Domestic students only). * fee waived for international applicants
- Statement of Purpose. Submit a a 750 word essay explaining reasons for applying to JST-SCU in terms of your background (academic training, ministerial experience, your current work) and your future career plans. If you have an intended field of concentration, please include this information.
- Official Transcripts for all post-secondary academic work.
- Letters of Recommendation/Forms. Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation. Each letter must accompany a completed recommendation form. The recommendation form is included in the General Application for Admission. (link for forms here). They must address your academic qualifications for graduate level study. Preferably these letters would be from persons who recently taught you. If you have been out of school for an extended period of time, one recommendation from an employer, a professional colleague, or a church or community leader will be acceptable. **Current JST-SCU students applying to the Th.M. program may submit one letter from their academic advisor along with the completed recommendation form in lieu of the two letters of recommendation.
- Scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the last five years. With the approval of the Admissions Committee, exceptions for the GRE can be made for those applicants who have done recent graduate-level study. For information about the GRE, contact: Educational Testing Service (ETS) Corporate Headquarters, Rosedale Road, Princeton, NJ 08541, USA. Phone 1.609.921.9000 or visit the GRE web site. The JST-SCU institutional code for the GRE is 4367. Official scores should be sent directly to JST-SCU Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management from Educational Testing Service.
- Resume. ThM applicants are required to submit a resume or curriculum vitae to provide information about relevant job experience and education. Your resume should include educational background, relevant experiences, including jobs, internships, community service, activities, languages (if applicable), and research projects. Writing a resume for a graduate school application follows the same principles as writing a resume for a job. Please include dates of attendance for education, job titles and years of employment.
**Th.M. applicants may omit the "Master of Divinity Program Ministerial/Vocational Aptitude" portion of the recommendation form.
**If you are an international applicant to any of the JST programs please refer to the international applicants portion of our website.