Become a Woman of Wisdom and Action
Is your community interested in sending a sister to participate in the Women of Wisdom and Action Initiative? Are you a sister who would like to tell your community about this opportunity?
The sisters applying to this program have been discerning this theological leadership training with their congregations and have developed, in dialogue with their superiors, future assignment for the congregations’ organization or mission. The Women of Wisdom and Action program educates the whole person, as it integrates academic and spiritual training in the context of community. The contact with the congregation and the individual sister before they arrive in the U.S. is very important, since it will orient and focus the program of theological study within the framework of the congregational and personal charism of the sister. During their stay in Berkley, the sisters will experience interdisciplinary theological education, spiritual accompaniment and opportunities to discover and enhance their own leadership capacities. Upon return home, they will have access to ongoing support, networking and feedback for their new responsibilities and mission.
The program is designed for women religious in Asia who seek theological training to better serve their community and society as innovative leaders. The initiative seeks to support the individual sisters and their congregations to magnify their impact as change agents in their home countries and to increase the women's voices in the Catholic Church. To participate in the program, the woman must:
- Hold a Bachelors or Master’s degree, or equivalent
- Demonstrate ability to study in English by completing the TOEFL
- Be studying in the United States for the first time
- Present a plan of purpose for study, which must include statements from the individual and her community regarding intentions of future assignments or responsibilities
- Be aware that financial responsibilities for the congregation are varied and depend on the scholarships available at the time of admission