Information for Students
- What does it mean when a book's location says it's in "University Library Course Reserves, Library Help Desk"?
Course Reserves or Print Reserves are books and DVDs that are held at the Library Help Desk of the library and can be found by searching OSCAR. These materials have a checkout period which is shorter than those of regular items in order to ensure equal access to material for all students in a course.
- Can I borrow materials from Course Reserves?
- Checkouts are 4-hour, 24-hour (determined by the faculty member).
- Users may borrow up to 3 reserve items at a time.
- Items on reserve are available on a first come, first serve basis and cannot be recalled.
- Where do I find readings that my professor put online?
Also known as e-reserves, electronic reserves are scanned copies or electronic documents that are available to students registered in a course on Camino.