- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
Camino 2.0: Countdown... moving to Canvas for all Winter and Spring courses
As we announced this past summer, ANGEL will stop being used for your classes at the end of the calendar year. Are you still using the old Camino (ANGEL) site? NOW IS THE TIME to start the transition to Canvas! Have you archived all of your ANGEL courses for use in future quarters? NOW IS A GOOD TIME to archive your recent courses so you can import them into Canvas later!
Please follow these steps to archive ANGEL courses to your desktop:
1. go into your old Camino course and click on Manage
2. click on Export Console
3. click on ANGEL format
4. select the types of content you want to export
5. click Next
6. click Go back to Export Course Content
7. click the Refresh button until you see your course and a green check mark in Status
8. click on the File name to download it to your computer. The file will download as an ANGEL .zip file. Save it to your computer.
When you are ready to import the archived course (ANGEL .zip file) into a Canvas course, please follow these directions:
9. log into Canvas and point the mouse at Courses (in the red stripe at the top of the page) to see your courses, and click on the course name
10. click Settings (on the left navigation panel on the bottom left side of the screen)
11. click Import Content into this Course (on the navigation column on the far right of the Course Settings)
12. in the Content Type, choose ANGEL Export .zip format
13. click on browse to choose the file, and choose the zip file you archived to your desktop
14. click Import -- this could take anywhere from 4 to 45 minutes in duration, depending on the size of your course.