- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
SCU Editorial Style Guide
- UC system, CSU system
Spell out on first reference.
- University of California, Berkeley
- UC Berkeley on second reference
- California State University, Fresno
- Fresno State on second reference
- Under Secretary
Note, this title is two words.
ex. The President just named Jane the under secretary of defense.
- United States
U.S is acceptable on second reference.
Treat as a proper noun and capitalize only when referring to Santa Clara University specifically:
- The Residential Learning Communities are a unique selling point of the University.
- All University departments have to adhere by the style guide.
But when used to denote a common noun, it is:
- SCU is a Jesuit university.
Santa Clara or SCU is acceptable on second reference. Don't use University alone on first reference. In press releases,"university" will be lowercased in all cases when it is a stand-alone element, uppercased when used after "Santa Clara."