Parking at SCU
Click here for the campus map
For complete, up-to-date information on campus regulations and the campus parking plan, visit the Campus Safety web site at www.scu.edu/cs
MAIN GATE: Daily permits
- To park on campus or on University-owned property every vehicle must have a valid parking permit visibly displayed between the hours of 6 am and 8 pm, Monday through Friday. A permit is not required on Saturday, Sunday and University holidays.
are available at the Main Gate kiosk. The main gate is at Palm Drive and El Camino Real. It is clearly marked overhead (white on green street sign) as SCU Main Entrance. It is opposite the Santa Clara Transit Center/Caltrain Station.
- If you are attending a complimentary event on campus (i.e. Music at Noon) you can request a two-hour guest permit free of charge.
CAMPUS SAFETY OFFICE:
- If you are attending an OLLI class, you must purchase a daily pass and pay $3.00 for each visit, which is half price for the day-use permit. Present your VIPAccess card with a current Osher sticker to the officer at the kiosk to receive this daily rate. Please remember to hang the permit from your rear view mirror, with the date & time visible through the windshield.
Permits for the FALL 2010 Quarter
are available for purchase at the Campus Safety Services (CSS) Office for $50 (half-price regular fee). The CSS Office is located on the ground floor of the Parking Structure. CSS accepts cash, personal checks, Visa or MasterCard for this purchase. You must present your VIP Access card with a current Osher sticker to complete your purchase.
Osher Parking Permits entitle you to park in any commuter student parking stalls, which require an "E" permit. You may park on campus in the following lots: 2nd & 3rd Floor of the Parking Structure, 3rd Mission Lot, Leavey Lot and Loyola Hall Lot. See the campus map for further information at http://scu.edu/map/
- All permits must be displayed properly so they are visible from outside your vehicle. Failure to display a valid permit will result in a citation, with a $50 fine.
Other options to get to campus include
- Purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee the availability of parking spaces in any particular lots or campus areas.
- The Osher office (Loyola 160) does not sell permits. If you exit the Loyola Hall parking lot at the intersection of the Alameda and El Camino Real, you must yield to oncoming traffic. You are leaving a private lot and opposing traffic has the right of way.
- Invite a friend to join OLLI with you and carpool together
- VTA: 408-321-2300 or www.vta.org
- Caltrain (The Santa Clara station is opposite the front campus entrance.): 800-660-4287 or www.caltrain.org
- Outreach Senior Transit: 408-436-2865 or www.outreach.org